Is it worth getting an XB1 for Skyrim & Fallout mods?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is it worth getting an XB1 for Skyrim & Fallout mods?

User Info: Leodux

Leodux
3 weeks ago#1
I mainly game on a PS4 but I'm considering dropping some cash on a new Xbox just so I can get better mods for the aforementioned titles.
Maximum Effort

User Info: uubershikamarux

uubershikamarux
3 weeks ago#2
only you can answer that really I have both on Xbox and have never modded them so it depends on how important it is to you. also I very much doubt there are as many mods on console as PC so you should probably just play on PC with a controller
GT: FullM3tal UK - PSN: DarthGokuverine
Me fail english that's unpossible

User Info: Sila98

Sila98
3 weeks ago#3
Yeah

User Info: simonbelmont2

simonbelmont2
3 weeks ago#4
I personally wouldn't buy an Xbox One just for that. The console mods are great but not enough to justify buying a new console for imo.
I love the friends I've gathered together on this thin raft.

User Info: Imn0tleB0W5ki

Imn0tleB0W5ki
3 weeks ago#5
simonbelmont2 posted...
I personally wouldn't buy an Xbox One just for that. The console mods are great but not enough to justify buying a new console for imo.

i agree, if it's mods you're after get a good pc.
If you want to party like a rock star, you gotta work like a roadie

User Info: Leodux

Leodux
3 weeks ago#6
PC is too expensive tho.
Maximum Effort

simonbelmont2
3 weeks ago#7
It's a shame Sony hasn't changed their mind about allowing free mods with external assets.

User Info: anonymous02135

anonymous02135
3 weeks ago#8
Leodux posted...
I mainly game on a PS4 but I'm considering dropping some cash on a new Xbox just so I can get better mods for the aforementioned titles.

dont bother unless you are getting x1x. you dont need expensive pc. just x1x should be sufficient.

User Info: genesis145

genesis145
3 weeks ago#9
I wouldn't get an xbox one for skyrim. It feels so choppy on xbox for some reason. Not sure why, I thought it was just like that because it was 30fps cuz i'm used to playing it on PC. But then I got the switch version and it runs smoother than my xbox one version. When you swing a weapon on the xbox one version it almost looks like he's swinging an actual picture of the weapon. And turning the camera is always jaggy as f***. Mods likely fix that but the base of skyrim is awful on xbox one from what I've seen.

simonbelmont2
3 weeks ago#10
genesis145 posted...
I wouldn't get an xbox one for skyrim. It feels so choppy on xbox for some reason. Not sure why, I thought it was just like that because it was 30fps cuz i'm used to playing it on PC. But then I got the switch version and it runs smoother than my xbox one version. When you swing a weapon on the xbox one version it almost looks like he's swinging an actual picture of the weapon. And turning the camera is always jaggy as f***. Mods likely fix that but the base of skyrim is awful on xbox one from what I've seen.

I had choppy performance occasionally in places like Riften, Windhelm and sometimes outside Whiterun. This was more to do with the engine though than the console, even some PC and PS4 users had the same issue. I've managed to have mostly stable performance even with over a hundred mods on the Xbox One.

The Switch version is lacking the upgrades that the special edition has, that's probably why it runs so well. It doesn't have the same improved textures, ambient occlusion, depth of field or god ray effects. It isn't a full upgrade Special Edition, it's more of a mid-upgrade.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is it worth getting an XB1 for Skyrim & Fallout mods?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived