Worth spending $2000 cdn for this 75 inch hdr tv...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Worth spending $2000 cdn for this 75 inch hdr tv...

User Info: Combo Master

Combo Master
2 weeks ago#1
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/samsung-75-4k-uhd-hdr-led-tizen-smart-tv-un75mu6300fxzc-dark-titan/10583519.aspx?

Great price for it. Looking for input lag tests and a picture quality review and am coming up empty.. Anybody who is into tv's wanna respond please.
Combo Master

User Info: Neo Vejiita

Neo Vejiita
2 weeks ago#2
http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/mu6300

Good tv. Cons are hdr isn’t super bright, no local dimming, no wide color gamut, and no native 24p playback.

I got the 43 inch version and I love it so far :)
aka NeoMasamune

Combo Master
2 weeks ago#3
The review seems to say the 43 inch is an ips, but the other versions aren't?? Says it has poor viewing angles..
Combo Master

User Info: extanker

extanker
2 weeks ago#4
Combo Master posted...
The review seems to say the 43 inch is an ips, but the other versions aren't?? Says it has poor viewing angles..

It’s a trade-off. It uses a VA panel which has better contrast and refresh rates but poorer viewing angle than an IPS. Look up IPS vs VA panels if you want to learn more.

My Sony 850e has a VA panel but people just sit on the couch directly in front of it, so I don’t have any problems with the viewing angle. It just depends on your setup.

Combo Master
2 weeks ago#5
Well I decided to buy this... OLED's will never be affordable at this size and the extra real estate from 65 inches to 75 inches is huge... It has good input lag around 20ms, which is the best you can roughly expect from the tv.. I am scared to death of the possible really bad viewing angle, but I decided it's worth the risk.
Combo Master

User Info: b1gt0ne

b1gt0ne
2 weeks ago#6
How much is $2k Canadian in real money?
Gamefaqs sucks.

extanker
2 weeks ago#7
b1gt0ne posted...
How much is $2k Canadian in real money?

About tree-fiddy.

extanker
2 weeks ago#8
Combo Master posted...
Well I decided to buy this... OLED's will never be affordable at this size and the extra real estate from 65 inches to 75 inches is huge... It has good input lag around 20ms, which is the best you can roughly expect from the tv.. I am scared to death of the possible really bad viewing angle, but I decided it's worth the risk.

You won’t even notice. Just make sure you sit any guests that don’t care about 4k on the outside and they’ll never complain because they can’t tell the difference. :-)

User Info: phoenix9291

phoenix9291
2 weeks ago#9
extanker posted...
Combo Master posted...

You won’t even notice. Just make sure you sit any guests that don’t care about 4k on the outside and they’ll never complain because they can’t tell the difference. :-)

Pretty much this. VA panels may not have the viewing angles of IPS panels but the picture is better when you’re viewing it from the front.
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup

Combo Master
2 weeks ago#10
Not having to worry about image retention or burn in will be nice. The plasmas I have owned always have had annoying image retention.
Combo Master
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Worth spending $2000 cdn for this 75 inch hdr tv...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived