Is Xbox One X worth it if you have a PS4 Pro and Xbox One S?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is Xbox One X worth it if you have a PS4 Pro and Xbox One S?

User Info: NoNeedF0RaName

NoNeedF0RaName
2 weeks ago#1
Does it make any sense to have a PS4 Pro and an Xbox One X? Is there enough of a graphical difference between the two to upgrade the Xbox One S? If I get the Xbox One X, I would be trading my Switch for it. After completing Mario Odyssey, I just don't find any need for a Switch any more.
This is just my opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
2 weeks ago#2
There's a huge gap between the S and X. There's almost a generation gap there power wise, CPU excluded.

But if you have a Pro the difference is going to be 1440p to Dynamic 4k, with the odd instance of improved textures or shadow quality.
On top of that, we don't know how many old games are going to get 1X patches.

Going forward it stands to reason all multiplayer titles will look better on the 1X, but they might not necessarily perform better and could in some case perform worse. So having both consoles would let you pick and choose when it comes to the best console version of multiplats.

The biggest thing the 1X has going for it over the Pro is that all games are downsample to 1080p and all unpatched games automatically have a chance to look and perform better. So if you have a decent Xbox One and 360 library then that might be worth it.

In the end I guess it's all up to you. These console are for the extra fussy people that will appreciate a FPS and resolution boost, but the difference will be pretty small if you're already upgrading from the Pro.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

NoNeedF0RaName
2 weeks ago#3
Thank you. I guess my question boils down to is it worth it to give up the Switch to upgrade my S to an X? I can't see myself playing my Switch for a while, but there may come a time when it does get a game I want to play.

User Info: pobbes

pobbes
2 weeks ago#4
oh definitely get a Switch over the X since you already have an S. Would you rather play new games or old games that look nicer? I'm assuming you'd rather play new games.

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
2 weeks ago#5
Yeah, if the choice is the 1X or a Switch and you already own a PS4 and One S then I'd hold onto the Switch for now.

I had a similar decision last week where I own a base PS4 and had a base Xbone but no Switch, and I ended up going with the 1X (which I love and it's a brilliant console compared to the terrible base Xbox One). But I never had a PS4 Pro, so I wanted one of the mid gen consoles.

I'll get a Switch next year when there's one or two more games, and eventually il upgrade to a Pro, but I went with the 1X because I plan on keeping my 1080p TV a little longer and the 1X was more suited to me.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: Rdeal2

Rdeal2
2 weeks ago#6
If you have played Mario and Zelda give up the switch because let be honest there won't be much else worth playing where as with the X every multiplat will look and play better and if you don't game on PC there will be a lot of exclusives

User Info: chex81

chex81
2 weeks ago#7
pobbes posted...
oh definitely get a Switch over the X since you already have an S. Would you rather play new games or old games that look nicer? I'm assuming you'd rather play new games.

How about newer games coming out that will look ‘nicer’ going forward?...it’s not just older games.

With regards to Switch, while I have one and love it...I actually don’t foresee myself buying any games for it now for the next long WHILe. So I see your point here TC, but I wouldn’t sell the switch for the X upgrade but rather saving towards offsetting the cost of what selling the S will be.

Is it worth jumping from S to X? Most definitely, it’s a huge jump in every way.
XBL: chex81 || NNID: phasma81

User Info: uubershikamarux

uubershikamarux
2 weeks ago#8
If you don't own a switch get that instead I upgraded my One S to and X but I already had Pro and Switch.
GT: FullM3tal UK - PSN: DarthGokuverine
Me fail english that's unpossible

NoNeedF0RaName
2 weeks ago#9
uubershikamarux posted...
If you don't own a switch get that instead I upgraded my One S to and X but I already had Pro and Switch.

I do already own the Switch. I just have the opportunity to trade my Switch for an Xbox One X.

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
2 weeks ago#10
I was going to say yes but I wouldn't trade my Switch in to get it. The Switch is a gem.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is Xbox One X worth it if you have a PS4 Pro and Xbox One S?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived