Microsoft pulling out microtransactions from their first party IP now?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft pulling out microtransactions from their first party IP now?

User Info: mike468

mike468
2 weeks ago#11
Patchwork posted...
Halo 5 had non intrusive micros.

Are you kidding?! It absultely did. Every single cosmetic and gameplay item was earned from them.

On top of that, legendary cosmetic items had absurdly low drop rates and you couldn't even get them from the gold req packs, unless you had unlocked all the lower tier gear from bronze and silver req packs first.
Triggered fanboys,make the internet go round. In the most disgusting way

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
2 weeks ago#12
mike468 posted...
vashkey posted...
Theleeham posted...
Microsoft usually do microtransactions right.

... I strongly disagree.

This x1000. Halo 5 and gears 4 where totally garbage because of the micro transactions.

That being said, I don't think it's going to affect any games at this point, yet. MS isn't going to change anything, because at this point I'm sure them and a a lot of deelopers feel nothing is wrong with them. It's IF/WHEN the government puts some kind of regulation in place against it, will things get changed. iMO that's not going to happen in the short term. Maybe in the next 6 months or year.

Halo 5 wasn't affected at all by the microtransactions. I haven't spent a single penny and I have damn near everything in the game unlocked, and I still haven't reached my playtime from Halo 3 or Reach. I will easily have everything unlocked before I play Halo 5 as much as I played either of those two. I also have so many REQs that I will never run out of anything in Warzone unless I spawned the same thing across dozens of matches every time I had the opportunity.

Rand_Aybara
2 weeks ago#13
mike468 posted...
Patchwork posted...

Are you kidding?! It absultely did. Every single cosmetic and gameplay item was earned from them.

On top of that, legendary cosmetic items had absurdly low drop rates and you couldn't even get them from the gold req packs, unless you had unlocked all the lower tier gear from bronze and silver req packs first.

That is false. I had quite a few of the legendary certifications and helmets/armors when I only had ~30% of everything.

Rand_Aybara
2 weeks ago#14
the_lpt posted...
mike468 posted...
vashkey posted...
Theleeham posted...
Microsoft usually do microtransactions right.

... I strongly disagree.

This x1000. Halo 5 and gears 4 where totally garbage because of the micro transactions.

i haven't played gears 4 yet, but how did microtransactions affect gameplay in Halo 5?

Instead of having 40 Scorpions available in Warzone you might have 60. In Arena they have literally zero effect on gameplay

User Info: AgentLocke

AgentLocke
2 weeks ago#15
Rand_Aybara posted...
mike468 posted...
Patchwork posted...

That is false. I had quite a few of the legendary certifications and helmets/armors when I only had ~30% of everything.

This. When I stopped playing I probably had 75% of everything unlocked but I pulled a lot of legendary stuff on the way. It really isn’t true. That’s what I’d expect from legendary drops. I’d say 10 percent of my gold packs had one. That’s with a lot of lower stuff to still pull left.
Gt: KB ReDZ PSN: xHaLfBAkedRAMB0x 3DS FC: 3583-2749-4407 Steam: G13TheDon
http://thenerdrecites.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Title-3.png The trolls of Gfaqs

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
2 weeks ago#16
I forsee Sea of Thieves being loaded with costume packs.

I don't see Crackdown 3 having any. I mean the dlc in crackdown 1 was fun back before we were absolutely drowned with microtransactions.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: Hvv0l24n9

Hvv0l24n9
2 weeks ago#17
mike468 posted...
Patchwork posted...

wtf...I've barely played H5 and i have legendary gear.
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?

User Info: Mario786

Mario786
2 weeks ago#18
The_Hedon posted...
GAAS is Sony and Microsoft's future.

All the big Sony games are single player focused, you buy the game and play it. No BS.
They could do GAAS model for GT and MLB, I think racing and sports games are well suited for that crap. Instead of buying a whole new game every year just update the rosters and add features and charge for them. But even with GT Sony is adding all new content for free.

MS has been pretty clear about going GAAS with all their future games though.

User Info: Serenity_Lotus

Serenity_Lotus
2 weeks ago#19
The notion that all types of MTXs are bad for the industry needs to die.
The notion that Sony are holier than thou when it comes to MTX also needs to die.
https://youtu.be/xd-Y-PFecuw
~ Embrace the warmth that is death, destroy the coldness that is life ~

User Info: Patchwork

Patchwork
2 weeks ago#20
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
mike468 posted...
Patchwork posted...

wtf...I've barely played H5 and i have legendary gear.

:)
The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft pulling out microtransactions from their first party IP now?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived