Are you Frowned Upon when it comes to spending money on gaming from others?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Are you Frowned Upon when it comes to spending money on gaming from others?

User Info: jaymart_2k

jaymart_2k
3 weeks ago#1
Fell like I'm in my little world around where others say games are a waste, is that all you buy.

Meanwhile they either drink , smoke & can't pay their bills.

I like to buy the latest games & devices but others in my circle of relatives always look at me like I'm stupid for spending money on games.

Which in turn makes me feel like s*** even tho it's something I enjoy alot.

Ya it gets to me & brings me down.

Anyone els in the same boat?
(Switch Friend Code) 2063-5423-4827 (Stream ID) jaymart_2k
(XB1) jaymart4point0 (Twitter) jaymart2k

User Info: Opunaesala

Opunaesala
3 weeks ago#2
Nope, sounds like you need better friends. My Wife doesn't mind, since I can still pay bills. My family thinks its cool.

User Info: jaymart_2k

jaymart_2k
3 weeks ago#3
Opunaesala posted...
Nope, sounds like you need better friends. My Wife doesn't mind, since I can still pay bills. My family thinks its cool.

Can't give rid of relatives tho, maybe there's a way, jk.
(Switch Friend Code) 2063-5423-4827 (Stream ID) jaymart_2k
(XB1) jaymart4point0 (Twitter) jaymart2k

Opunaesala
3 weeks ago#4
jaymart_2k posted...
Opunaesala posted...

Can't give rid of relatives tho, maybe there's a way, jk.

Talk it out like adults. If you handle your bills and responsibilities, why should they judge your disposable income?

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
3 weeks ago#5
Jealousy is a b****. As long have your priorities straight, that's all that matters. Now if you're on welfare and sport an iPhone X with a bag of weed in your pocket, then they have something to criticize about. Don't be that guy.

I know the feeling though. Some of my friends and family members live pretty basic lives and barely get by so when my wife and I decide to do things like go on last minute vacations, we don't even bother talking about it and they don't ask in most cases. Meh, f*** them.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.
Go Leafs Go!!!

User Info: Susumurin

Susumurin
3 weeks ago#6
Nope. I’ve even managed to convince a few people how sound an entertainment investment, video games are.
Now Playing: Tokyo Tattoo Girls(Vita), Dreamfall (X1), School Girl Zombie Hunter (PS4)
Currently Watching: Xena, Desperate Motherhood, Earth Final Conflict

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
3 weeks ago#7
No, my wife also gets me games all the time and I usually get a game from my mom for Christmas. On top of what I already buy for myself throughout the year. Everybody I know, knows my favorite hobby is gaming and they don’t care. They know my bills, house, wife and kids are priority and I only buy games when I know I can.
Long live machine, The future supreme..
Man overthrown, Spit out the bone..

User Info: Mindwipe77

Mindwipe77
3 weeks ago#8
my dad kinda think its weird I still buy/play games but he does not really say anything about it.

Opunaesala
3 weeks ago#9
Mindwipe77 posted...
my dad kinda think its weird I still buy/play games but he does not really say anything about it.

My Dad watches me play when we visit my parents for a weekend. He tries to figure out what is going on, it is usually hilarious. I'm 33 and he is 65.

User Info: devnull520

devnull520
3 weeks ago#10
I am not sure why I should care what other thinks of what I do with my money and free time. Luckily for me, my parents are cool with it. The rest of my family I don't know and quite frankly I don't care.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Are you Frowned Upon when it comes to spending money on gaming from others?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived