Devil May Cry 5 may or may not be skipping Xbox

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Devil May Cry 5 may or may not be skipping Xbox

User Info: Shovel_Break

Shovel_Break
1 month ago#51
GamecubeIchiban posted...
Shovel_Break posted...
That they launched the game early? Because it seems to be a very good deal for them to get SFV funded and endorsed by Playstation at e-sports events as part of the deal

Most unpopular Street Fighter game ever.
They splintered the audience, and it woefully under-performed compared to Street Fighter IV. It really doesn't matter if it's advertised and played at e-sports events. Those people make up less than %1 of the market and get excited for SNK games (they still went out of business).

Lol, do you think SFV on Xbox would have magically made it successful with how it lauched? Get the f*** out of here XD. SFV has had a rough start because of its first half year, it has little to do with it being only on PS4/PC. But the game has been amazing with Season 2 in 2017. The Arcade Edition and Season 3 are only going to make it even better and continue to push it's sales.
Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us: Part II"
Gaming will reach a new level (Only on PlayStation)

User Info: ExempliGratia

ExempliGratia
1 month ago#52
Shovel_Break posted...
That they launched the game early? Because it seems to be a very good deal for them to get SFV funded and endorsed by Playstation at e-sports events as part of the deal

They splintered the audience, and it woefully under-performed compared to Street Fighter IV. It really doesn't matter if it's advertised and played at e-sports events. Those people make up less than %1 of the market and get excited for SNK games (they still went out of business).

Lies.

Also SFIV sucked bad.

Here's how the gameplay went.

*hard knockdown*

Vortex guessing time

*did you guess right? no?*

Start again until you die or get it right.
Xbox Live Gamertag :ExempliGratiaEGPSN/Vita::ExempliGratia
Trolls love me but, can't get rid of me

Shovel_Break
1 month ago#53
ExempliGratia posted...
Shovel_Break posted...

Lies.

Also SFIV sucked bad.

Here's how the gameplay went.

*hard knockdown*

Vortex guessing time

*did you guess right? no?*

Start again until you die or get it right.

People who don't play SFV and hate on it based on the way it launched will always sing the same song. Watch the crying when the game continues to pick up steam next year, there'll be literally nothing left to b**** about with the game XD

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
1 month ago#54
Shovel_Break posted...
Shovel_Break posted...

Lol, do you think SFV on Xbox would have magically made it successful? Get the f*** out of here XD. SFV has had a rough start because of its first half year, it has little to do with it being only on PS4/PC. But the game has been amazing with Season 2 in 2017. The Arcade Edition and Season 3 are only going to make it even better and continue to push it's sales.

Except Injustice 2, MKX and even Tekken 7 destroyed SFV in sales. Speaking of Tekken 7, it outsold SFV lifetime sales... in a mere 3 months. It is sooo far behind SF4 success, it's not even funny anymore. It is also rated lower than all the other fighters I just mentioned and with far less content for a full price game. Also, the active player count is abysmal:

http://steamcharts.com/app/310950#7d
I really wanted to like this game but they keep on tripping over their own feet. With the release of Mahvel Infinite, it is clear Capcom doesn't want to learn.

Shovel_Break
1 month ago#55
EightySix22 posted...
Shovel_Break posted...
Shovel_Break posted...

Lol, do you think SFV on Xbox would have magically made it successful? Get the f*** out of here XD. SFV has had a rough start because of its first half year, it has little to do with it being only on PS4/PC. But the game has been amazing with Season 2 in 2017. The Arcade Edition and Season 3 are only going to make it even better and continue to push it's sales.

Except Injustice 2, MKX and even Tekken 7 destroyed SFV in sales. Speaking of Tekken 7, it outsold SFV lifetime sales... in a mere 3 months. It is sooo far behind SF4 success, it's not even funny anymore. It is also rated lower than all the other fighters I just mentioned and with far less content for a full price game. Also, the active player count is abysmal:

http://steamcharts.com/app/310950#7d
I really wanted to like this game but they keep on tripping over their own feet. With the release of Mahvel Infinite, it is clear Capcom doesn't want to learn.

Give me a sales breakdown by platform for each of those games that "destroyed" SFV :)

User Info: Bumbleoni

Bumbleoni
1 month ago#56
Shovel_Break posted...
Give me a sales breakdown

https://i.imgur.com/Iq5TuIq.gif
GT: Bumbleoni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLfO738Ok5Y

User Info: Satchmo25

Satchmo25
1 month ago#57
Bumbleoni posted...
Shovel_Break posted...
Give me a sales breakdown

https://i.imgur.com/Iq5TuIq.gif

Shovel's meltdowns are fun to watch, the desperate reassurance he spouts off as he waits for yet another year for SFV to not be worthless is hilarious
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
http://i.imgur.com/AUYtAmy.png

User Info: Squitchy

Squitchy
1 month ago#58
That series blows but if it was a new Onimusha game that would have me caring whether or not it came to Xbox.
That's my secret, Gamefaqs. I'm always triggered.

User Info: spartansbrother

spartansbrother
1 month ago#59
anyway, let's hope DMC5 is even good. DMC4 was so disappointing because the level design was crap, the bosses weren't that good and they even got lazy and made you fight them all again (besides angelo credo who was the best ****ing one!) and the game just wasn't done. this series has more mediocre games than good games now, with 1 and 3 being amazing, 4 being disappointing and meh, 2 being extremely boring, and DmC being...DmC. i really hope capcom has figured out what they're doing and stopped screwing around with this series. i've got a ps4 myself so i don't care if it's exclusive or not (though i prefer gaming on xbox, i'm getting monster hunter world for it and i was genuinely shocked to see that it was even coming to xbox!), i just want DMC5 to be good.
*wipes brown*

User Info: GamecubeIchiban

GamecubeIchiban
1 month ago#60
Shovel_Break posted...
Lol, do you think SFV on Xbox would have magically made it successful with how it lauched? Get the f*** out of here XD.

They probably would have sold another 1M copies LTD
But hey, the under %1 FGC is happy at e-sports tourneys, so its all good, right? LOL
Capcom has been in a death spiral since signing that bloody awful deal with Playstation, or have you not noticed?
Hammer of JUSTICE Crushes You, Over Power.
http://www.glsen.org/
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Devil May Cry 5 may or may not be skipping Xbox

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived