Which console brand do you think hand the best showing for the 2nd half of 2017?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Which console brand do you think hand the best showing for the 2nd half of 2017?

User Info: Mario786

Mario786
1 month ago#21
INKU48 posted...
Kovatch posted...
INKU48 posted...
Kovatch posted...
PS4 shouldn't really have that many votes. It had nothing of note going on during that timeframe.

I reached the opposite conclusion. I bought or plan to buy these not-on-Switch and not-on X1 titles for the PS4: Pyre, Ys VIII, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Undertale, Yakuza Kiwami, Hellblade and maybe some more.

On X1 it was Cuphead, Super Lucky's Tale and maybe some more.

On Switch it's Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors (sucks), Rabbids and maybe some more.

We all have different tastes of course but let's not act like the PS4 had no good console-exclusives. All titles above are 80+ on Metacritic, at least the PS4 ones. It undeniably had the most acclaimed console exclusives.

Y's VIII: Not PS4 exclusive
Yakuza Kiwami: Not PS4 exclusive
Undertale: Not PS4 exclusive
Pyre: Not PS4 exclusive

Actually only one game mentioned is PS4 exclusive. Nintendo simply has more true exclusives than you mentioned, Golf Story, Xenoblade 2.

XBOX X released and NS putting out solid exclusives simply logically overshadows anything PS4 has been doing.

I never claimed they were. I said they were not on Switch and not on Xbox. Xbox One had zero exclusives for the record.
The PS4 had the largest amount of good games not on the others plus it got the big multiplats unlike Switch. Therefore I voted PlayStation.

I mentioned games I was interested in. I didn't mention PS4's acclaimed Golf game either, an actual exclusive. Not Knack 2 either. I did mention the less acclaimed Super Lucky's Tale because I'm interested in it. I explained my vote.

Mario786 posted...
Super Lucky’s Tale is a port of the VR game. Calling a late port exclusive? Might as well call Dead Rising 4 a PS4 exclusive.

It's not, it's a brand new game.

No it’s not, stop spreading misinformation. It’s the same game with some new content. They didn’t even rebuild it from the ground up, camera is still f***ed because they did a poor job adapting it to a tv screen.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
1 month ago#22
Mario786 posted...
No it’s not, stop spreading misinformation. It’s the same game with some new content. They didn’t even rebuild it from the ground up, camera is still f***ed because they did a poor job adapting it to a tv screen.

I haven't played both games but do you have any evidence of that? Every article I've read claims that Super Lucky's Tale is a sequel. The camera sucking doesn't really prove anything. Sequels often use the same tools and engine as the predecessor.
Ryse > Knack

User Info: KinjoTakemura

KinjoTakemura
1 month ago#23
From June until now?

PlayStation.
PSN Sh1kage
Currently playing - Skyrim VR, Dragon's Dogma, Y's VIII, Wolfenstein TNC

User Info: Kovatch

Kovatch
1 month ago#24
INKU48 posted...
Kovatch posted...
INKU48 posted...
Kovatch posted...
PS4 shouldn't really have that many votes. It had nothing of note going on during that timeframe.

I reached the opposite conclusion. I bought or plan to buy these not-on-Switch and not-on X1 titles for the PS4: Pyre, Ys VIII, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Undertale, Yakuza Kiwami, Hellblade and maybe some more.

On X1 it was Cuphead, Super Lucky's Tale and maybe some more.

On Switch it's Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors (sucks), Rabbids and maybe some more.

We all have different tastes of course but let's not act like the PS4 had no good console-exclusives. All titles above are 80+ on Metacritic, at least the PS4 ones. It undeniably had the most acclaimed console exclusives.

Y's VIII: Not PS4 exclusive
Yakuza Kiwami: Not PS4 exclusive
Undertale: Not PS4 exclusive
Pyre: Not PS4 exclusive

Actually only one game mentioned is PS4 exclusive. Nintendo simply has more true exclusives than you mentioned, Golf Story, Xenoblade 2.

XBOX X released and NS putting out solid exclusives simply logically overshadows anything PS4 has been doing.

I never claimed they were. I said they were not on Switch and not on Xbox. Xbox One had zero exclusives for the record.
The PS4 had the largest amount of good games not on the others plus it got the big multiplats unlike Switch. Therefore I voted PlayStation.

I mentioned games I was interested in. I didn't mention PS4's acclaimed Golf game either, an actual exclusive. Not Knack 2 either. I did mention the less acclaimed Super Lucky's Tale because I'm interested in it. I explained my vote.

Mario786 posted...
Super Lucky’s Tale is a port of the VR game. Calling a late port exclusive? Might as well call Dead Rising 4 a PS4 exclusive.

It's not, it's a brand new game.

I entirely disagree that PS has the largest amount of good games not on other systems, though everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

In mine, the new X system which improves all games or simply either Mario or Xenoblade are way above anything PS4 has at all recently.
PONG <3 ATARI Bally CAPCOM Chunsoft ENIX Gottlieb KONAMI LEVEL-5 MIDWAY namco Nintendo SEGA TAiTO Williams <DRAGON WARRIORS FOREVER> Love conquers all.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
1 month ago#25
Kovatch posted...
I entirely disagree that PS has the largest amount of good games not on other systems, though everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Yeah, that's a perfectly valid opinion. It does have the largest number of acclaimed games during the period so it really shouldn't have surprised you that someone voted for it. You put it like it was wrong to vote for the PS4 and video game critics and I disagreed.

Where's the source that Super Lucky's Tale is a port btw @Mario786 ?
Ryse > Knack

User Info: 1nternationa7

1nternationa7
1 month ago#26
Pretty close poll so far. Quite surprised with the results. Given the recent media coverage, I thought Nintendo would have easily won this.
FC: 3239 - 6867 - 7639

User Info: Beers

Beers
1 month ago#27
Nintendo had the best showing overall. This was a strong launch year for the switch.
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

User Info: pobbes

pobbes
1 month ago#28
Nintendo ofc. Followed by PS.

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
1 month ago#29
On the second half of 2017, Nintendo won. Hands down.

Xbox had an instant cult classic in Cuphead and the highest rated racer of the year. Also, PUBG is coming. That's also not mentioning the total domination of the console multiplats not just for this year but also for the rest of this console generation.

PlayStation had Hellblade (available on PC), the massively disappointing GT Sport and a remaster. Honestly, I haven't touched my PS4 since the summer. Yeah, Final Fantasy 12 Zodiac Age is the only game I actively played on PS4 this second half of 2017.

It goes like this:
1rst- Nintendo
2nd- Microsoft
3rd- Sony.

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
1 month ago#30
Sony...for the console exclusives...just like the first half of the year...then Nintendo...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Which console brand do you think hand the best showing for the 2nd half of 2017?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived