Why do games based on a movie suck usually

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why do games based on a movie suck usually

User Info: Mindbend8er

Mindbend8er
1 month ago#1
You would think they would want to make the game good cause then it would sell more. They should really start making movie tie in games better. I know they can do it
game tag - mindbend8r

User Info: A_Good_Opinion

A_Good_Opinion
1 month ago#2
Spiderman (2018) is going to be a good game, and will probably relate to whatever movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is out at the time.

How greedy of Sony to have Japanese exclusives and Western exclusives now!

User Info: shoji_jo

shoji_jo
1 month ago#3
I guess because they have to stick very close to the movie's plot, so what seems good to watch may not be fun to play.

Also just because a film is well made it doesn't mean a completely different company making a game about it will do a good job.

User Info: TheSL1Club

TheSL1Club
1 month ago#4
Because it's usually done with the intention of a quick cash grab on the movie license instead of passion for the art of video game making.

User Info: lost_within

lost_within
1 month ago#5
Because the movies that have to have games to help produce hype usually suck themselves...
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
1 month ago#6
Becuase they usually need to deviate from the movies plot to pad the game meaning the Dev team needs to shoehorn in a plot of their own writing without input from the director and nine times out of ten it just becomes fan fiction levels of rubbish.

Or its a rush job and the Devs just rip off a better game badly.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: codman4

codman4
1 month ago#7
Chronicles of Riddick and GoldenEye are the only good ones that I can think of. I'm sure there are others, but not too many.
(message deleted)

User Info: ohiostate124

ohiostate124
1 month ago#9
A_Good_Opinion posted...
Spiderman (2018) is going to be a good game, and will probably relate to whatever movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is out at the time.

How greedy of Sony to have Japanese exclusives and Western exclusives now!

Huh?

User Info: DvoloS88

DvoloS88
1 month ago#10
Usually they're rushed, tightly funded and poorly developed for a quick cash grab like an above poster stated.
"Let The Boy Watch"
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why do games based on a movie suck usually

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived