Elite controller opinions?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Elite controller opinions?

User Info: Kovatch

Kovatch
1 month ago#31
For the price it should be made in USA at least.
PONG <3 ATARI Bally CAPCOM Chunsoft ENIX Gottlieb KONAMI LEVEL-5 MIDWAY namco Nintendo SEGA TAiTO Williams <DRAGON WARRIORS FOREVER> Love conquers all.

User Info: AltiarLio

AltiarLio
1 month ago#32
Hands down best controller I’ve ever used and I can’t go back to others after mapping paddles and the twitch triggers.

I’ve bought two, one custom from MS and one normal and they both are great aside from my normal after a solid two years has it’s grips coming off that’s a quick fix.
GT & Steam: Tyron3L1o. PSN: TyroneLio.
I enjoy video games and shoes, mainly shoes.

User Info: AltiarLio

AltiarLio
1 month ago#33
You can get a s***ty scuff for $500 aud and hate it or buy an elite for $150-$200aud
GT & Steam: Tyron3L1o. PSN: TyroneLio.
I enjoy video games and shoes, mainly shoes.

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
1 month ago#34
AltiarLio posted...
You can get a s***ty scuff for $500 aud and hate it or buy an elite for $150-$200aud

The thing I liked more about Scuf was the hair triggers. Absolely better with Scuf. But everything else was better on the Elite, IMO.

One of the most important differences is that the the paddle placement is better on the elite. But it's also easier to accidentally trigger one of the paddles with the Elite.
And I want the brightest, I want fluorescence every day and night for the rest of my life - RIP Chuck Mosley

User Info: SlugSh0t

SlugSh0t
1 month ago#35
This is the truth about the elite. I've owned it twice, and recently returned it. Try to listen to the feedback because it's the truth, and unlike others that just say "best controller ever".

Cons:

1. The sticks are too loose with too little tension. This to me makes it harder to aim say a FPS game. If you are used to the xbox one controller then youll have no issues.

2. The paddles are far too sensitive. you WILL accidentally hit them all of the time. It is uncomfortable to hold the controller because of this.

Honestly those were my biggest gripes, and it was enough for me to sell it.
>_______________>

User Info: Giarccpsn

Giarccpsn
1 month ago#36
robert_rangersu posted...
Overburdened posted...
What is the purpose of the extra paddles, can you map things to them, like massive combos in fighting games for example, so it's just a click of the button.

No macros, that'd be cheating.

PC gamers have Keyboards and Mouse with macro buttons so Console should too.
GT | NNID | PSN ID: JoeKnightt/Cappropsfour
http://www.speedtest.net/result/5441104329.png

User Info: im_ze_man

im_ze_man
1 month ago#37
Finaliize posted...
I wouldnt buy one again. Ive never ever had a problem with ANY xbox controller, OG, 360, or one, until I bought an Elite. Within the first few weeks the LB started falling out and the grip on the right side started seperating from the controller. I take care of my equipment and have never had ANY issues or broken controllers in my lifetime until I bought an Elite. The bumpers starting to fall out affected gameplay.

Did you by chance buy the elite soon after it came out? Same exact thing happened to mine after only a month of use, and I too take extra care of my controllers. I contacted microsoft and they said that the bumpers breaking, as well as some stick drift issues were a problem with the first batches they shipped.

They sent me a brand new one for free and I also got to keep the old one. I've had it for about 6 months now, and it still works like the day it arrived. Excellent controller and I highly recommend it, to the point that I convinced 2 of my buddies to also purchase one for themselves!
Xbox One : Wiser
PS4: MyDuu

User Info: robdisco

robdisco
1 month ago#38
AWarAmp84 posted...
Azeiryous posted...
ZJust ask yourself this one question. Will you use the paddles?

I bought it for gears of war so i can run and dodge without taking my fingers off the sticks.
I tried to get used to the paddles but i couldnt. So for me it was a waste of money. Yes its nicely weighted and the grip is fantastic but not worth a hundred dollars more

To be honest, right now I can't think of many games where I will use them but it could just be a case of not knowing what I've been missing out on until I have it. Who knows?

You’ll eventually grow to use it for everything. I use the paddles while playing Pinball FX...lol
I prefer to just play video games rather than worry about which platform/s they release on or how many pixels are on the screen.

User Info: Rings

Rings
1 month ago#39
An alternate (and slightly cheaper) option for you could be the Xbox Design Lab.

I built a Superman themed controller in the summer. Completely customized the colours, Bluetooth, rubber grips, metallic triggers, metallic d-pad, engraving (they have free engraving promotions).

I don’t think the Elite controller has Bluetooth (but I could be wrong, maybe they added it?).

I’m not trying to say one is better than the other, just trying to give you another option.
Xbox One S (Blue Limited Edition)
Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40gHz / 16GB RAM / GeForce GTX 960

User Info: kingbahamut83

kingbahamut83
1 month ago#40
SlugSh0t posted...

Cons:

1. The sticks are too loose with too little tension. This to me makes it harder to aim say a FPS game. If you are used to the xbox one controller then youll have no issues.

2. The paddles are far too sensitive. you WILL accidentally hit them all of the time. It is uncomfortable to hold the controller because of this.

1. I don't notice the sticks being too loose. I had been using the longer stick on the right side and the domed one on the left. Feel fine to me.

2. Exactly how are you holding it? I have no problem holding it like a normal controller and not accidentally hitting a bumper. The only time I DO accidentally hit one is when I sit it on my lap.
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Elite controller opinions?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived