Xbox One X - swapping between 4K and 1080p TVs

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One X - swapping between 4K and 1080p TVs

User Info: BizzyBum

BizzyBum
1 month ago#1
If I were to switch my Xbox One X from my 4K TV to my 1080p monitor does the system automatically save all my 4K settings and load up a 1080p preset and then vice versa so if I want to switch back and forth it would be seamless or would settings not save and it would be a pain in the ass?
I'm bored at work...

User Info: James_Upton

James_Upton
1 month ago#2
It should automatically detect the display, you may have to jump through the config going back to 4k though.

At worse there’s a way to force the Xbox one into a safe mode that will use automatic outputs to set up
The display.
Check out my gaming and motorsports YouTube channel at JDMSG:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvcAVZIXy41HbSKwkLTyQEQ/feed?view_as=public

User Info: Finaliize

Finaliize
1 month ago#3
I do this all the time, when I switch the console in different rooms whenever I hook up to the 4k it automatically changes the settings for me, I only initially had to do this once and it was a prompt as soon as I hooked up. When I go back to 1080, the settings revert. The console does it for you

User Info: BizzyBum

BizzyBum
1 month ago#4
Finaliize posted...
I do this all the time, when I switch the console in different rooms whenever I hook up to the 4k it automatically changes the settings for me, I only initially had to do this once and it was a prompt as soon as I hooked up. When I go back to 1080, the settings revert. The console does it for you

Okay great, thanks.
I'm bored at work...

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
1 month ago#5
Finaliize posted...

This was also my experience with it too.
And I want the brightest, I want fluorescence every day and night for the rest of my life - RIP Chuck Mosley
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One X - swapping between 4K and 1080p TVs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived