Will The Next Generation Bring Us New Techniques In Visuals / Animation / Games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Will The Next Generation Bring Us New Techniques In Visuals / Animation / Games?

User Info: stringfellowhwk

stringfellowhwk
1 month ago#1
Just was pondering the past to the present / future of games.

Do you think we will see a new technique such as normal mapping, tesselation, physical based rendering was for this generation?

Will we see a game that is just not possible on the current generation? If so what do you think it will be? Will it be something minor like frame rate or resolution? Or will it be more?
Without Games We All Lose

User Info: Mirage13

Mirage13
1 month ago#2
I think the days of graphic improvements on subsequent generations of consoles are over and have been over for the last 10 years. I honestly don't see how console developers can create jumps in graphics over what we have now, unless they strive for real life (aka movie CGI) graphics?

I think the next generation of consoles will just slightly improve on what we already have and will probably more focus on upgrading TV resolutions (e.g., Xbox One X) as a standard rather than graphical upgrades.
If you care at all for gaming, you will NEVER support microtransactions or loot boxes.

User Info: hamchunk

hamchunk
1 month ago#3
There are tons of way to improve graphics but I think they will be more subtle than what we've seen in the past.

Better/higher quality textures, better draw distances, real time lighting/shadows, better simulations for fluids/cloth ect.

I would LOVE to see a game with a large scale destructible environment, think red faction but not just certain buildings EVERYTHING would be destructible.
Do the math!

User Info: robert43s

robert43s
1 month ago#4
It's all down to the tools that are used by the artists in order to create their vision. These tools take time to write, improve, etc...

At the end of the day, it's down to the developments teams.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.

User Info: Mindwipe77

Mindwipe77
1 month ago#5
I don't think we will ever see huge jumps in graphics again anytime soon, like NES to SNES for example, I think if they go with photorealistic graphics maybe, at this point I just want good games

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
1 month ago#6
hamchunk posted...
There are tons of way to improve graphics but I think they will be more subtle than what we've seen in the past.

Better/higher quality textures, better draw distances, real time lighting/shadows, better simulations for fluids/cloth ect.

I would LOVE to see a game with a large scale destructible environment, think red faction but not just certain buildings EVERYTHING would be destructible.

So you wanna see Crackdown 3?

User Info: Chyld989

Chyld989
1 month ago#7
Mirage13 posted...
I think the days of graphic improvements on subsequent generations of consoles are over and have been over for the last 10 years. I honestly don't see how console developers can create jumps in graphics over what we have now, unless they strive for real life (aka movie CGI) graphics?

I think the next generation of consoles will just slightly improve on what we already have and will probably more focus on upgrading TV resolutions (e.g., Xbox One X) as a standard rather than graphical upgrades.

You think graphics improvements have been over for the last 10 years? Have you compared One X games to 360 games? What a stupid comment.

User Info: Arizona_Joe

Arizona_Joe
1 month ago#8
Okay we got our 4k high graphics machines. Can we go back to making games that play like games? What good is a pretty girl with a ton of makeup when she's got no personality and doesn't do anything in bed even?
http://i.imgur.com/VBDN2Pi.gif
https://wwewritten.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/r80.gif

User Info: ShamblerQ

ShamblerQ
1 month ago#9
Microsoft needs to upgrade the Xbox's CPU so more games can run at 60 FPS.
http://i.imgur.com/1mXXnbo.gif

User Info: BahamutBBob

BahamutBBob
1 month ago#10
Well, this generation has brought us advancements like HDR, that we totally haven't had for over 10 years already, and totally weren't in any games on the 360. Only this time, you need a TV that can do HDR, instead of it being done by the console like Half-Life 2 totally didn't do it.
XBL / PSN / Steam / NNID: BahamutBBob
3DS: 2320 - 6245 - 8788
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Will The Next Generation Bring Us New Techniques In Visuals / Animation / Games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived