The Xbox One won Black Friday in the UK, outselling the PS4 and even the Switch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The Xbox One won Black Friday in the UK, outselling the PS4 and even the Switch

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
1 month ago#1
https://www.console-deals.com/blog/console-won-black-friday-6124/

Article is two days old, I wonder why our resident organic news stand has not posted this.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: SRV_God

SRV_God
1 month ago#2
Xbox one won one day, in one region.

Not much to celebrate but it's something I guess. Rejoice!

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
1 month ago#3
I love how the Fanboys instantly go into defence mode when presented with something that go against their narrative.

@SRV_God Please, show me where I said anything that would provoke that salty response?
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: Discharged19DCS

Discharged19DCS
1 month ago#4
It's nothing to celebrate and nothing to be negative about. It's a completely inconsequential piece of news that shouldn't provoke on overly positive or, especially, negative response. Though I suspect lots of trolling about why it doesn't count and how Sony winning in other areas is all that matters.

It's nice for Microsoft. The more consoles they sell the more software and live subscriptions (where the real money is made) can be sold. So good for them.

User Info: ColorBlindGamer

ColorBlindGamer
1 month ago#5
Discharged19DCS posted...
It's nothing to celebrate and nothing to be negative about. It's a completely inconsequential piece of news that shouldn't provoke on overly positive or, especially, negative response. Though I suspect lots of trolling about why it doesn't count and how Sony winning in other areas is all that matters.

It's nice for Microsoft. The more consoles they sell the more software and live subscriptions (where the real money is made) can be sold. So good for them.

Nothing wrong with posting it. Xbox is making ground in the UK and it's great news for for the UK fan base that's growing. We shouldn't have to post on eggshells because of the massive Titanic level of insecurity the trolls have like the first poster that posted in here.

What I find beyond funny is if it was the Xbox coming in second it would've been posted hours after it went up.
Nothing comes out as you plan it out to be.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
1 month ago#6
Return of the King, baby!

That site and data looks about as reliable as Vgchartz though, if not worse. What is their method and sample?
Ryse > Knack

User Info: TheGam3925

TheGam3925
1 month ago#7
SRV_God posted...
Xbox one won one day, in one region.

Not much to celebrate but it's something I guess. Rejoice!

Yeah, you really need to narrow that s*** down for the Xbone to win at anything lmao.
"The first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins" - Don Mattrick

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
1 month ago#8
Spurred on by the interest in the X and some incredible deals on the One S, the One outsold the PS4. The One S was available with a game for £169.99 over the Black Friday weekend, substantially cheaper than the PS4 with a game (£199.99). The One S also had some discounts available in the run up to Black Friday, whereas Sony chose to focus on pushing PS VR rather than the PS4.

Much was made of Microsoft’s Xbox One X launching this year as a rival to the PS4 Pro. The One X can justifiably claim to be the most powerful console ever made. However, all the power in the world can only do so much against a £449.99 RRP which didn’t move more than £10 on Black Friday. In contrast, Sony dropped the Pro from £350 to £300 with at least two games bundled in.

The One X sold well, but nowhere near as well as the Pro. The fantastic deal Sony offered on their flagship console was too good to resist for many. However, there’s still plenty to be positive about the One X’s prospects given it was £150 more expensive than every other console on the market.

Interesting stuff...

Thanks for the link!
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: Shovel_Break

Shovel_Break
1 month ago#9
TC stop making fun of MS by highlighting them winning a single day of sales based on internet data. We know they have trouble selling their consoles, no need to rub it in :/
Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us: Part II"
Gaming will reach a new level (Only on PlayStation)

User Info: Discharged19DCS

Discharged19DCS
1 month ago#10
quincy2000a posted...
Spurred on by the interest in the X and some incredible deals on the One S, the One outsold the PS4. The One S was available with a game for £169.99 over the Black Friday weekend, substantially cheaper than the PS4 with a game (£199.99). The One S also had some discounts available in the run up to Black Friday, whereas Sony chose to focus on pushing PS VR rather than the PS4.

Much was made of Microsoft’s Xbox One X launching this year as a rival to the PS4 Pro. The One X can justifiably claim to be the most powerful console ever made. However, all the power in the world can only do so much against a £449.99 RRP which didn’t move more than £10 on Black Friday. In contrast, Sony dropped the Pro from £350 to £300 with at least two games bundled in.

The One X sold well, but nowhere near as well as the Pro. The fantastic deal Sony offered on their flagship console was too good to resist for many. However, there’s still plenty to be positive about the One X’s prospects given it was £150 more expensive than every other console on the market.

Interesting stuff...

Thanks for the link!

Case in point. This psychopath highlighting all the resons why it doesn't count and why Sony is better.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The Xbox One won Black Friday in the UK, outselling the PS4 and even the Switch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived