Digital Foundry on PUBG on XB1: ''You're not getting the value for the price.''

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry on PUBG on XB1: ''You're not getting the value for the price.''

User Info: Discharged19DCS

Discharged19DCS
1 month ago#81
trollseason melting and raging hard here at the thought of spending the next year on strictly last gen game consoles.
(message deleted)

User Info: Battleship_Gray

Battleship_Gray
1 month ago#83
bsballa09 posted...

People are still posting, so it's still working.

It's not hard to get people to laugh at a troll.
Recent-ish art MVC Infinite Edition: http://i.imgur.com/I7FQq30.png http://i.imgur.com/UQiWXqD.png http://i.imgur.com/ndMiEeJ.png http://i.imgur.com/vvf9Hiz.png

User Info: regsantotomas

regsantotomas
1 month ago#84
bsballa09 posted...
Discharged19DCS posted...
Watching TC melt down as his trolling attempt goes down in flames is a rather amusing start to a friday morning.

Glad you are able to admit to trolling. Recognizing a problem is the first step.
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. - Anton Ego

User Info: bsballa09

bsballa09
1 month ago#85
regsantotomas posted...
bsballa09 posted...
Discharged19DCS posted...
Watching TC melt down as his trolling attempt goes down in flames is a rather amusing start to a friday morning.

Glad you are able to admit to trolling. Recognizing a problem is the first step.

Not a problem at all πŸ˜‰πŸ–’
Fear of Missing Out: An epidemic among millennial gamers.

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
1 month ago#86
Technarchy posted...
quincy2000a posted...
One of the reasons I prefer written comments to videos is that I believe more "off the cuff" comments tend to float from people's mouths and they can go off script...anything other than technical comments I just take as personal opinion...which is why I prefer DF to Eurogamer...however...the technical blunders pointed out tell the story...

While I've seen comments from people that are willing to overlook what I never would (not for a game that I pay for any way), I see them as bending over backwards for a game that appeared during a time when there isn't much else available...but these people are certainly entitled to their opinions...there will always be those who hold higher standards than others...this is just a perfect example of that...

There's a place for punditry, but it's not why I go to DF.

I don't own PUBG, and have zero intention of buying it, but I am smart enough to know software alphas and betas never represent the final software or the platform.

And MSFT makes it clear everywhere that this game is basically engaging in the largest public beta probably in console history. If you choose to get on board, that's your choice. The PC source material has a s*** engine and is unfinished, and comes from a D-list korean software company.

Though outside of the pundits and clickbait sites, you're not finding many actual players saying they hate the game, and that's all the matters in the short term.

Though hate hasn't been used by anyone I've seen, I'm not sure if or where you're looking if you believe people are giving it a pass...paying for this is not sitting well with many gamers...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: Technarchy

Technarchy
1 month ago#87
quincy2000a posted...
Technarchy posted...
quincy2000a posted...
One of the reasons I prefer written comments to videos is that I believe more "off the cuff" comments tend to float from people's mouths and they can go off script...anything other than technical comments I just take as personal opinion...which is why I prefer DF to Eurogamer...however...the technical blunders pointed out tell the story...

While I've seen comments from people that are willing to overlook what I never would (not for a game that I pay for any way), I see them as bending over backwards for a game that appeared during a time when there isn't much else available...but these people are certainly entitled to their opinions...there will always be those who hold higher standards than others...this is just a perfect example of that...

There's a place for punditry, but it's not why I go to DF.

I don't own PUBG, and have zero intention of buying it, but I am smart enough to know software alphas and betas never represent the final software or the platform.

And MSFT makes it clear everywhere that this game is basically engaging in the largest public beta probably in console history. If you choose to get on board, that's your choice. The PC source material has a s*** engine and is unfinished, and comes from a D-list korean software company.

Though outside of the pundits and clickbait sites, you're not finding many actual players saying they hate the game, and that's all the matters in the short term.

Though hate hasn't been used by anyone I've seen, I'm not sure if or where you're looking if you believe people are giving it a pass...paying for this is not sitting well with many gamers...

Do you have a single source or citation to support your premise. Mind you I don’t cruise the internet seeking confirmation bias, or cherry pick my associates to support PUBG. In the broad random sample of sources, the actual players seem to be enjoying the game.

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
1 month ago#88
bsballa09 posted...
As with all early access games, just wait until it's finished before you buy it.

that's just flat out false.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Digital Foundry on PUBG on XB1: ''You're not getting the value for the price.''

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived