MS givinng refunds for PUBG

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. MS givinng refunds for PUBG

User Info: Bumbleoni

Bumbleoni
1 month ago#71
LOOOPS posted...
I started playing Ark during the preview stage and since then they have done nothing to fix or optimize the game. Literally the only thing that has changed is they've added more dinos and items.

I'm not sure if what you're saying is true, but I have been playing Ark since it launched on console, and in fact was playing it a little yesterday and today. A lot has changed aside from just "adding more dinos" and compared to how it ran at launch there has been a lot of improvement. Needless to say though the gameplay far outweighed the technical issues
GT: Bumbleoni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLfO738Ok5Y

User Info: ColorBlindGamer

ColorBlindGamer
1 month ago#72
0ofreako0 posted...
Mr_arizona posted...
What does it say about the state of these games that we can get refunds for them?

you can get refunds for literally every game released on xbox one.

TheSL1Club posted...
You are still paying for half finished product thou, no matter the cost, this is why I avoid early access games altogether.

and you are paying half the price. but whatever. if you want to not buy a game today because it's preview for $10, but will buy it tomorrow for $20 because it's not preview that's on you. i'm not really sure you get game preview. they games aren't "half finished". there's an entire game there to play.

Don't mind the SL1Club guy he doesn't even have an Xbox he's just taking shots here as payback for Street Fighter V flopping hard and selling poorly. The same game he worships launched at full price a broken and incomplete mess (still is to this day) but here he is being a good Sony hypocrite it's almost like naturally runs in that fanbase to be a hypocrite.
Nothing comes out as you plan it out to be.

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
1 month ago#73
LOOOPS posted...
Then explain why Ark still has all these issues like crappy AI and collision detection despite being long out of the "preview" stage. I started playing Ark during the preview stage and since then they have done nothing to fix or optimize the game. Literally the only thing that has changed is they've added more dinos and items.

...and? none of that means there's "half a game". there was pretty much always an entire gaming experience in ark.

but i'm not sure you'd really know that, since it doesn't seem like you ever really played it. the game runs a million times better now than it did, and they didn't just add dinos and items.

User Info: Kovatch

Kovatch
1 month ago#74
Purchasing unfinished games largely reduces any impetus the dev has to actually finish the game; most of which will never be truly finished games.
PONG <3 ATARI Bally CAPCOM Chunsoft ENIX Gottlieb KONAMI LEVEL-5 MIDWAY namco Nintendo SEGA TAiTO Williams <DRAGON WARRIORS FOREVER> Love conquers all.

User Info: genesis145

genesis145
1 month ago#75
cymanx posted...
genesis145 posted...
cymanx posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
cymanx posted...
Microsoft needs refund support for a few reasons.

1. If you accidentally buy something you don't want, which has happened to me. So it isn't like the PS4, where you have to go through a shopping cart. A shopping cart would actually prevent this kind've thing from happening on Microsoft's side.

2. You were genuinely dissatisfied with a purchase and had no means of demoing it. More demos for games being available would solve this problem as well. People who play a demo and buy a game they hate anyway have no right to ask for their money back, if it is not dissimilar to the demo.

Now with that said, if you have the need to ask for a refund everytime you buy a game, then you need to turn in your X-1, 1-S or 1-X and go for a Switch or PS4.

How in the hell can you buy something you didn't want?

You literally have to go to buy the game click on the card you want then click to authorize the purchase.....

I'm actually really interested in how you did that.

I was distracted actually. I was telling a friend about the gifting option and I hit the wrong button severals by mistake. Keep inmind that I have a short attentions pan, but be assured that I never made that mistake ever again.

That doesn't sound like MS's problem that you weren't paying attention?

I never said it was, got my money back anyway. So I don't much care what is and isn't their problem ro my own for that matter. It came out in my favor and that is all I could ask for. Frankly speaking, I am not asking anyone to approve, like or understand my getting a refund. So you can move along. You can do all the tolls, lols and all that as much as you want, but it won't have any real impact or desuede me from talking about this conversation again.

You said "MS needs refund in case you accidentally buy something". MS doesn't need refunds for that reason that's your own fault not MS fault.

User Info: xFrostxPhoenix

xFrostxPhoenix
1 month ago#76
"Why do people buy unfinished games"

Why do people pre-order new consoles?
Why are people pre-ordering Teslas?
Why are companies ordering Tesla Semis?
Why is Kickstarter a thing?
Why do banks give out loans for renovations?
<insert question on why do people pay money before something is finished>
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
1 month ago#77
LOOOPS posted...
There should definitely be a refund option. So many times I've bought a game only to discover it's a piece of s***. The trailers are misleading, don't trust them.

...especially when the game doesn't have a free trial available...but they see fit to charge for it...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: Net Shark

Net Shark
1 month ago#78
It’s a game preview for $30 so you should know that going in. The con is it isn’t a finished product and should improve as they update it. It’s also not guaranteed to improve and can have support dropped at anytime. The pro is as it improves you keep getting updates and never pay more. So in the end you have complete game for $30 while someone buying it at that point may pay more as they can and most likely will increase purchase price like ARK did. It’s not rocket science you bought a preview game and there are pros and cons to it. Know what you guys are buying and take responsibility for yourself. The game is fun! It’s a win so far in my book.
I am changing everything that depresses me when I look at it. Try not to be one of those things. GT: Net Sh4rk
(message deleted)

User Info: ExempliGratia

ExempliGratia
1 month ago#80
LOOOPS posted...
xFrostxPhoenix posted...
"Why do people buy unfinished games"

Why do people pre-order new consoles?
Why are people pre-ordering Teslas?
Why are companies ordering Tesla Semis?
Why is Kickstarter a thing?
Why do banks give out loans for renovations?
<insert question on why do people pay money before something is finished>

"Because idiots." answers them all nicely.

Let's see if this post gets modded.
Xbox Live Gamertag :ExempliGratiaEGPSN/Vita::ExempliGratia
Trolls love me but, can't get rid of me
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. MS givinng refunds for PUBG

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived