Need Opinions - No Fanboyism Please

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Need Opinions - No Fanboyism Please

User Info: cymanx

cymanx
1 month ago#51
This is my advice on both of them actually. Write a list of games you want for each one (and don't count the BC games for the X-1). If you have ten good games that you think you will enjoy, then you have your answer.

If you think you will enjoy the PSVR, then for it. The fact that you are actually thinking about it suggests that you have the big bucks for it. I would suggest that you look to the Skyrim PSVR bundle though. You will get a game you probably already like and the PSVR equipment as well. You will also be fine as long as your vision isn't as bad as mine is.

Truthfully though, I don't think there is alot for the X-1 that isn't already for the PS4 besides shooters and racers. But if you can do it, then go for it. Microsoft has a good system, despite what the PS4 fans might say. This isn't fanboy rederic, but my non-biased opinion. You can trust me, just for the fact that I play my X-1 and PS4 equally.
vr6exyvr6exy wants to connect his PS4 to his mobile hot spot.

User Info: SigmaLongshot

SigmaLongshot
1 month ago#52
It really does depend entirely on what you're going to be wanting from your purchase. If you want another traditional gaming console with a bunch of user-focused features such as Play Anywhere and Game Share, Xbox One S is a great way to get into Xbox One. The PSVR on the other hand is a good entry-level VR headset, but doesn't have much in the way of killer apps.

Another thing worth thinking about is this - the VR headset is also a very obviously, by definition, insular experience - it's not something you'll be using to any great effect if you have children or a lot of distractions (the nightmare of trying to answer a call whilst trying to take off headphones then the VR headset in a tangled mess can't be overstated). Moreover, your own mileage can vary, but most people I know with a PSVR or Vive (myself included) can really only play for up to about an hour without things getting uncomfortable (perspiration/plastic digging into face at the least, debilitating nausea at the worst). This is worse depending on the person.

My advice? If you have the option to borrow a friend's PSVR, do that if you're on the fence about it. It's not as instantly recommendable as an Xbox One S, which will be closer to what you already know with a PS4. If you're not rolling in disposable income, the PSVR is without a doubt a very risky purchase without experience of this entry-level VR experience.

And TC - good luck! Have fun no matter your choice.
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo PS4: Gooey_Toto/SigmaLongshot
A decade working in AAA game development? Time certainly flies.

User Info: SpongeBob_SP

SpongeBob_SP
1 month ago#53
Why would you buy a peripheral over an entirely new system?

User Info: chases11545e

chases11545e
1 month ago#54
Get the Xbox One S.

VR is hot, overpriced garbage.

There are countless games you can enjoy on it.

Cuphead, Gears of War, Forza 7/Forza Horizon 3, Sunset Overdrive, PUBG, Halo and many others I can't list.

The Xbox has no games argument is f***ing stupid.
PS4 Pro | PS3 | Xbox One | Xbox 360 | PC
Auto-correct can go to he'll.

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
1 month ago#55
detroitdawley posted...
Should I get PS VR or an Xbox One S? I'm heavily invested in the PS environment, but I used to own an Xbox 360 years back. What would be the best bang for my buck? Do my old Xbox 360 digital purchases carry over to the S? Thanks for any feedback!

Listen to your heart. That's what I do.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Need Opinions - No Fanboyism Please

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived