ReviewTechUSA Says PUBG Is Hot Garbage On The Xbone X

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. ReviewTechUSA Says PUBG Is Hot Garbage On The Xbone X

User Info: Otterz4Life

Otterz4Life
4 weeks ago#231
Rome218 posted...
The guy from horizon zero originality has a stronger jaw line than Nathan Drake.

I know a lot of people love the games, but Nathan Drake looks like the most bland, by-the-numbers protagonist you could possibly conceive.

I've never played an uncharted game.

User Info: Rome218

Rome218
4 weeks ago#232
Kcrack posted...
Rome218 posted...
Kcrack posted...
Rome218 posted...
It has more than likely sold more than every ps4 exclusive combined by a healthy margin, lol.

No it hasn't. Even if you're talking about the PC version.

Ps4 exclusives this year.

And I mean pc and xbox.

Obviously.

Unfortunately that has nothing to do with the xbone version.

Xbox picked up the most popular game of the year, a game that outsold all of the ps4 exclusives that launched even in Japan, for the holidays. It's only going to be improved from where it's at now.

Pretty f***ing cool.

User Info: Lathissamus

Lathissamus
4 weeks ago#233
Rome218 posted...
Kcrack posted...
Rome218 posted...
Kcrack posted...
Rome218 posted...
It has more than likely sold more than every ps4 exclusive combined by a healthy margin, lol.

And I mean pc and xbox.

Obviously.

Xbox picked up the most popular game of the year, a game that outsold all of the ps4 exclusives that launched even in Japan, for the holidays. It's only going to be improved from where it's at now.

Pretty f***ing cool.

So cool paying $29.99 for a buggy multiplayer only Alpha with one map. It's not that the game can't be good in the future, because it can. The issue is that the bar has been lowered so far because people will allow developers to charge them for unfinished products that they MAY OR MAY NOT "update" in the future. And by update I mean do their jobs to begin with and finish developing their game.
http://i.imgur.com/olOXz6h.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kaFczn3.gif

User Info: sammogard

sammogard
4 weeks ago#234
Stop singing the same song your opinion isn't truth it's just what you believe in

User Info: Rome218

Rome218
4 weeks ago#235
Lathissamus posted...
Rome218 posted...
Kcrack posted...
Rome218 posted...
Kcrack posted...
Rome218 posted...

And I mean pc and xbox.

Obviously.

Pretty f***ing cool.

So cool paying $29.99 for a buggy multiplayer only Alpha with one map. It's not that the game can't be good in the future, because it can. The issue is that the bar has been lowered so far because people will allow developers to charge them for unfinished products that they MAY OR MAY NOT "update" in the future. And by update I mean do their jobs to begin with and finish developing their game.

The issue is jealousy, and people with their phony virtue signalling and grand standing because a popular game is not on their platform.

I love the preview system, and due to the sales of this game, I'm not alone. If you don't like it, vote with your wallet by not participating.

User Info: Technarchy

Technarchy
4 weeks ago#236
Lathissamus posted...
Rome218 posted...
Kcrack posted...
Rome218 posted...
Kcrack posted...
Rome218 posted...

And I mean pc and xbox.

Obviously.

Pretty f***ing cool.

You do know you don't have to buy it, right?

There's a million players, and you aren't one of them. Some people don't agree with you, that's pretty much it.

User Info: Critter_crew

Critter_crew
4 weeks ago#237
Lathissamus posted...
The issue is that the bar has been lowered so far because people will allow developers to charge them for unfinished products that they MAY OR MAY NOT "update" in the future.

The problem is that without things like Game Preview, many of these games would not exist. So what you see as simply 'lowering the bar' to others is lowering the barrier for entry into the marketplace, which allows them to actually make the game. I agree that the potential for abuse is high so there needs to be some checks in place.

But when it means some of the finest games this gen like Elite Dangerous get made, I think the system works.

User Info: Lathissamus

Lathissamus
4 weeks ago#238
Technarchy posted...
Lathissamus posted...
Rome218 posted...
Kcrack posted...
Rome218 posted...
Kcrack posted...
Rome218 posted...

And I mean pc and xbox.

Obviously.

Pretty f***ing cool.

You do know you don't have to buy it, right?

There's a million players, and you aren't one of them. Some people don't agree with you, that's pretty much it.

We can agree to disagree on this subject.
http://i.imgur.com/olOXz6h.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kaFczn3.gif

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
4 weeks ago#239
flame030191 posted...
Mindwipe77 posted...
Why do I think if this game had launched exclusively on PS4, it would not be getting this much hate?

It’d be getting more from the likes of Thanos, Discharged, agentspoon, and Hedon, I’m sure.

And you would be praising it. Unlike me I would have uninstalled it and asked for a refund like I did on the Xbox in this current buggy state.

Why do you embarrass your self here daily?
Sony: "Killzone runs at native 1080p and 60 fps"
DF: "KZ uses a processing method that blends 960 x 1080 images together."

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
4 weeks ago#240
TheGam3925 posted...
N64 quality textures, horrible frame rate, terrible input lag and the developer originally said it would run at 60 fps and then changed it to 30 fps.

I gotta say, I'm going to have to agree with ReviewTechUSA on this one.

It's simply a situation where those who hold higher standards are voicing their opinions...and those with lower standards are taking issue with it...

PUBG performs badly on Xbox One - and X
Early access code falls short of expectations.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-pubg-xbox-one-and-xbox-one-x-performance e:ra

...but, for now, the numbers are what they are...and even Digital Foundry has spoken...

Certainly, despite its many issues, PUBG is still plenty of fun to play - similar to Ark Survival Evolved, the concept manages to enthral even in the face of clear technical challenges. But with Microsoft directly involved and with the quality of the talent deployed on the title, we expected more. Just a consistent frame-rate would prove transformative for the quality of the experience. We'll be tracking the progress of this title as it evolves, but for now, we'd consider caution before any purchase - and if you want a taste of the Battle Royale experience without the technical drawbacks, Epic Games' Fortnite is well worth a look.
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. ReviewTechUSA Says PUBG Is Hot Garbage On The Xbone X

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived