Worth getting an Xbox One S for Halo collection?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Worth getting an Xbox One S for Halo collection?

User Info: Landonio

Landonio
4 weeks ago#11
Revocation68 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Revocation68 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
no, the MCC collection is very bad.

How so? What's wrong with the online?

when you select a match type you're thrown in a lobby to vote on which Halo to play in that match type.

That sounds.....like an idiot idea. What the hell?

It wouldn't be a problem if the game wasn't filled with H3 and H4 kids that only voted for those games, so you'll get Snowbound ARs over Lockout BRs all day. It's pretty frustrating. Gotta play with a full party to swing the votes.

There's also other game-specific playlists, but they're not as populated.
Roll Tide.
Alabama Crimson Tide 11-1 (7-1)

User Info: HyruleHero

HyruleHero
4 weeks ago#12
Nothing is worth buying an Xbox One for.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil Revelations (XBO), The Surge (XBO).
Most anticipated game; Sea of Thieves.

User Info: LanternOfAsh

LanternOfAsh
4 weeks ago#13
Revocation68 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Revocation68 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...

when you select a match type you're thrown in a lobby to vote on which Halo to play in that match type.

f***ing what? How is that not the coolest thing ever? When has any other game ever done anything like that? You literally choose from hundreds of maps from the first four games and this is apparently dumb?
Sometimes I’m completely amazed at this place.
u avin a giggle there m8?

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
4 weeks ago#14
LanternOfAsh posted...
Revocation68 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Revocation68 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...

f***ing what? How is that not the coolest thing ever? When has any other game ever done anything like that? You literally choose from hundreds of maps from the first four games and this is apparently dumb?

It's a dumb idea because in practice it meant that the majority of people only voted for the most recent games, the ones they were most familiar with, so the people that bought the collection solely to relive the days of Halo 2 MP and to finally play the first game online on consoles were out of luck.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: JascoD

JascoD
4 weeks ago#15
HyruleHero posted...
Nothing is worth buying an Xbox One for.

I bought one for Cuphead.

Now Im enjoying the hell out of Gears of war 4.
It takes a maniac to catch a maniac.

User Info: Arizona_Joe

Arizona_Joe
4 weeks ago#16
da_StoOge posted...
LanternOfAsh posted...
Revocation68 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Revocation68 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...

It's a dumb idea because in practice it meant that the majority of people only voted for the most recent games, the ones they were most familiar with, so the people that bought the collection solely to relive the days of Halo 2 MP and to finally play the first game online on consoles were out of luck.

When you get advice from some who probably doesn't even own the game...

Each game has its own playlist. So if you want to only play Halo 2 you don't have to touch the others. You'll only have to deal with all 4 when doing special game types like objective, big team, or swat. But if you want to play 4v4 Halo 1 only then there's a playlist for that. If you only want 4v4 Halo 2 there's a playlist for that.

Also the game has been fine for well over a year now. It's not Halo 5 good but they did improve it and will do so again with the new update this Spring. But the game is fine and plays fine.
http://i.imgur.com/VBDN2Pi.gif
https://wwewritten.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/r80.gif

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
4 weeks ago#17
You're right. I don't own the game. It's super rare and too expensive for me to get my hands on. I doubt many people on this board have even heard of it because it's such a rare commodity.

Except, you know, I have both the physical and digital version of it.

https://i.imgur.com/gmGbv7l.jpg

If you want to play BTB, or team slayer then you're pretty much stuck playing Halo 3.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
4 weeks ago#18
Revocation68 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...

I think what the user meant to say is it's a fantastic game, but there are reports of multiplayer issues.

SP is fine.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: Fredrick2003x

Fredrick2003x
4 weeks ago#19
I've only messed around with The Master Chief Collection a little bit.

It really depends if you like the changes 343 made to the aesthetic. I enjoy their visual style but it does clash horribly with the tone of the original 3 Halo games. Luckily you can swap between the two with a button press. It even applies to cutscenes, which I thought was very cool. Playing the games at 60fps takes some getting used too, it almost feels too fast at first, but now I couldn't imagine going back and makes the game flow very satisfying.

I understand the complaints with this remaster, but for the games with aesthetic changes you can turn them off, and I love the performance increase of the original games underneat them anyway. People make this out to be a Silent Hill HD level disaster but its really not that bad.

I haven't played the multiplayer, however.
Now Playing - [XONE] Sky Force Anniversary (Infinite Dreams, 2016) - [PS4] Horizon Zero Dawn (Guerilla Games, 2017)

User Info: King_Deadlights

King_Deadlights
4 weeks ago#20
da_StoOge posted...
You're right. I don't own the game. It's super rare and too expensive for me to get my hands on. I doubt many people on this board have even heard of it because it's such a rare commodity.

Except, you know, I have both the physical and digital version of it.

https://i.imgur.com/gmGbv7l.jpg

If you want to play BTB, or team slayer then you're pretty much stuck playing Halo 3.

Lol this guys triggered
GT: King Deadlights
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Worth getting an Xbox One S for Halo collection?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived