SW BF2 story was better the the story in TLJ.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. SW BF2 story was better the the story in TLJ.

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
4 weeks ago#21
AltiarLio posted...
flame030191 posted...
I’m glad I’m not the only one. I hated the new movie... Disney didn’t learn from the issue from Episode 7 and instead still decided to try to remake the original trilogy rather than building off of them...

The movie was nothing like empire or any previous movie aside from a few references and Easter eggs. 👀

It’s the complete opposite of the episode 7: a new hope 2

And yet it was practically Episode 8: The New Order Strikes Back.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: simonbelmont2

simonbelmont2
4 weeks ago#22
DirkMcGurkin posted...
Hucast9 posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
AltiarLio posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
I've heard Luke gets better treatment in the game than he does in the film.

In the movie he’s a Torn, cynicle yoda type Jedi instead of this big badass some fanboys were expecting and I think for the better, it is Mark Hamills best performance by far that even tops his various jokers and fits the movie so well.

TLJ is really not for the Star Wars fan who has a preconcieved notion of what Star Wars should be.

I understood Luke's point of view and it was an interesting take on the character. However in the end I felt he was a bit wasted: he sits around on a rock being depressed for most of the film.

Personally I would've preferred it if Luke had become more like Obi Wan from A New Hope. If they had to kill him off why not do that in the third movie? As it is now the third movie will have no Luke unless he's a force ghost, not much Leia either etc. I think that's a shame considering how interesting those characters are. They have so much knowledge and experience to pass onto the youngers in the movies.

I don't like the direction that the movies are going. There is this idea of "kill the past" that seems like a brute way of doing things concerning the future of Star Wars. They killed Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Admiral Ackbar, and they even killed Anakin's Light saber. So we can be left with Kilo and Rey? Kilo and Rey are not legendary figures. Luke, Vader, Yoda, and others were legendary figures.

I think that they would be making a serious mistake if their intention is to get rid of the Jedi. The Jedi have always been there throughout all of Star Wars history.

I was unsatisfied with The Last Jedi. Once I saw that purple haired rebel admiral I knew that there was something wrong. You simply do not use a purple haired woman in her upper 50s as an admiral. I may even prefer Jar Jar Binks over a purple haired admiral. It was bad enough that we had the whiny imperial admiral in his 20s who started in the Force Awakens.

People criticized George Lucas for the prequels, and rightly so for the script. The way that people talk in the prequels is flat out ridiculous. You can't deny that George Lucas was a genius, though. He invented the force, the Jedi, the Sith, Chewbaca, Darth vader, the Millenium Falcon, and a ton more. Given the ideas that were implimented and suggested in The Last Jedi, I would definitely take George Lucas over the people currently in charge of the Star Wars Franchise.

I don’t want Star Wars to spend 40 years on Luke Skywalker and Han Solo. It’s time to move on and take the story in a new direction. Thankfully that’s what they’re doing.

I think it's fine to move things on a bit. I would've liked to have seen Luke still alive in the next movie though. Hopefully he sticks around as a force ghost. There's no need to ditch everything from the OT.
I love the friends I've gathered together on this thin raft.

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
4 weeks ago#23
DirkMcGurkin posted...
Hucast9 posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
AltiarLio posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...

In the movie he’s a Torn, cynicle yoda type Jedi instead of this big badass some fanboys were expecting and I think for the better, it is Mark Hamills best performance by far that even tops his various jokers and fits the movie so well.

TLJ is really not for the Star Wars fan who has a preconcieved notion of what Star Wars should be.

I understood Luke's point of view and it was an interesting take on the character. However in the end I felt he was a bit wasted: he sits around on a rock being depressed for most of the film.

Personally I would've preferred it if Luke had become more like Obi Wan from A New Hope. If they had to kill him off why not do that in the third movie? As it is now the third movie will have no Luke unless he's a force ghost, not much Leia either etc. I think that's a shame considering how interesting those characters are. They have so much knowledge and experience to pass onto the youngers in the movies.

I don't like the direction that the movies are going. There is this idea of "kill the past" that seems like a brute way of doing things concerning the future of Star Wars. They killed Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Admiral Ackbar, and they even killed Anakin's Light saber. So we can be left with Kilo and Rey? Kilo and Rey are not legendary figures. Luke, Vader, Yoda, and others were legendary figures.

I think that they would be making a serious mistake if their intention is to get rid of the Jedi. The Jedi have always been there throughout all of Star Wars history.

I was unsatisfied with The Last Jedi. Once I saw that purple haired rebel admiral I knew that there was something wrong. You simply do not use a purple haired woman in her upper 50s as an admiral. I may even prefer Jar Jar Binks over a purple haired admiral. It was bad enough that we had the whiny imperial admiral in his 20s who started in the Force Awakens.

People criticized George Lucas for the prequels, and rightly so for the script. The way that people talk in the prequels is flat out ridiculous. You can't deny that George Lucas was a genius, though. He invented the force, the Jedi, the Sith, Chewbaca, Darth vader, the Millenium Falcon, and a ton more. Given the ideas that were implimented and suggested in The Last Jedi, I would definitely take George Lucas over the people currently in charge of the Star Wars Franchise.

I don’t want Star Wars to spend 40 years on Luke Skywalker and Han Solo. It’s time to move on and take the story in a new direction. Thankfully that’s what they’re doing.

No one is saying that they should do that. Think about them getting rid of the Jedi, and turning this basically into X-men or something like that.

Now I have an idea for the next movie that could possibly save Star Wars. Kilo Ren supposedly took a few students with him and killed the rest after he burned Luke's Jedi school, right? Maybe that was wrong. Maybe for the next movie they could say that a good number of those students survived. Rey could find those survivors to form a new Jedi order to take on Kilo Ren. In the end they survive, and a new Jedi Order is born.

Radical changes to the fundamental idea of Star Wars is not wanted. They're going to run the franchise to the ground of they continue in the direction that it seems that they're going.

User Info: AltiarLio

AltiarLio
4 weeks ago#24
Hucast9 posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
AltiarLio posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...

I was unsatisfied with The Last Jedi. Once I saw that purple haired rebel admiral I knew that there was something wrong. You simply do not use a purple haired woman in her 50s as an admiral. I may even prefer Jar Jar Binks over the idea of using a purple haired admiral. Purple hair should stay with the teenager crowd. Get that garbage out of my sight. It was bad enough that we had the whiny imperial admiral who looks like he's in his 20s regardless of his actual age. When you start seeing stuff like this you start to wonder if they're just randomly throwing anyone in these movies.

Han only came back to be killed off, holdo is a legendary captain in the canon novels, ackbars actor died in real life.

You can’t create new legends by holding on to the past, you had TFA for that, Kylo was by far the best thing about TLJ and I would dare to say he has far more depth and actual personality than any of the other movie villains purely by going off the first two movies in their trilogies. Even vader They split the saber to show how in balance Rey and kylo are and it’s a very powerful way to do it, the saber is gone but the crystal still exist and Rey has both half’s

When it’s all said and done kylo, Rey, Finn and BB8 will all be sitting in the same status as Vader, obiwan, sidious, han, princess and r2d2.

Atleast porgs > ewoks.

Also the Jedi was a s***ty order and needs to be modernised to survive.
GT & Steam: Tyron3L1o. PSN: TyroneLio.
I enjoy video games and shoes, mainly shoes.

AltiarLio
4 weeks ago#25
simonbelmont2 posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
Hucast9 posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
AltiarLio posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...

I think it's fine to move things on a bit. I would've liked to have seen Luke still alive in the next movie though. Hopefully he sticks around as a force ghost. There's no need to ditch everything from the OT.

Sadly with Abrams doing the last movie we will get such a safe ending it’ll be pretty gross and not feel like a ninth movie but a 6.5. That’s what I’m worried about, I believe a sequel should pay homage to what has come before but also take new risk and carry on the story and not be tied down to the past. Rebels, a cartoon, takes more risks than TFA ever did lmao.

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
4 weeks ago#26
Hucast9 posted...
Radical changes to the fundamental idea of Star Wars is not wanted. They're going to run the franchise to the ground of they continue in the direction that it seems that they're going.

I didn't see any radical changes to the fundamental idea of Star Wars. Everyone has an idea of how they want everything to play out and they're upset now that their theories haven't worked out. That's expected and I understand that. They will never please everyone with these sequels. This franchise is too near and dear to people's hearts, so damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

AltiarLio
4 weeks ago#27
I do miss Starkiller not being cannon but after TFU2 it’s okay.

Starkiller base was a nice throwback name.

User Info: simonbelmont2

simonbelmont2
4 weeks ago#28
AltiarLio posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
Hucast9 posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
AltiarLio posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...

Sadly with Abrams doing the last movie we will get such a safe ending it’ll be pretty gross and not feel like a ninth movie but a 6.5. That’s what I’m worried about, I believe a sequel should pay homage to what has come before but also take new risk and carry on the story and not be tied down to the past. Rebels, a cartoon, takes more risks than TFA ever did lmao.

There's a nice balance that can be struck between the two.
I love the friends I've gathered together on this thin raft.

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
4 weeks ago#29
AltiarLio posted...
Hucast9 posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
AltiarLio posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...

I was unsatisfied with The Last Jedi. Once I saw that purple haired rebel admiral I knew that there was something wrong. You simply do not use a purple haired woman in her 50s as an admiral. I may even prefer Jar Jar Binks over the idea of using a purple haired admiral. Purple hair should stay with the teenager crowd. Get that garbage out of my sight. It was bad enough that we had the whiny imperial admiral who looks like he's in his 20s regardless of his actual age. When you start seeing stuff like this you start to wonder if they're just randomly throwing anyone in these movies.

Han only came back to be killed off, holdo is a legendary captain in the canon novels, ackbars actor died in real life.

Admiral Holdo looks like a straight up p****. She looks like she couldn't survive 2 seconds in a real fight. You can not have someone that projects the image of a p**** as an admiral or a general. You need someone in there that projects the image of a warrior, not a p****.

AltiarLio
4 weeks ago#30
Luke looks like a little nerd in the og trilogy, ackbar is a fish, or calamari to be exact, Anakin, Ahsoka, Ezra and Padme.

Star Wars is full of heros that look weak as s***.

Looks don’t mean s*** when it come to Star Wars, it’s backstory, actions and personality that does.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. SW BF2 story was better the the story in TLJ.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived