Are rusted coins worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Are rusted coins worth it?

User Info: Frank_Poole

Frank_Poole
3 years ago#1
Since I know nothing about item discovery, would it be worth it to farm coins somewhere or is the one helm and gold serpent ring enough luck? I want to farm effigies from the dogs in the Lost Bastille but I want the best luck possible.

If coins are worth it, is there a place to farm them?

User Info: CocoDollface

CocoDollface
3 years ago#2
The midgets in both Belfries Luna and Sol drop them. But I don't know, I've never really noticed a difference when I use them. Doesn't mean they aren't working, though.

User Info: hitokiriizo

hitokiriizo
3 years ago#3
some people say it negates the other 2 items if you stack but i havent had that issue yet.

User Info: glenn3e

glenn3e
3 years ago#4
Oh they definitely make a difference in farming for armor pieces. And they last quite a while too.
PSN for Dragon's Dogma:
glenn_3e(200 Mage) and jessicaglenn(150+ Ranger)

User Info: Eatlyh

Eatlyh
3 years ago#5
Belfry luna has dwarwes that drop them pretty nicely (i think its like 50/50?) but you can get invaded while farming them. So its your choice.

User Info: Hitokiri_Tidus

Hitokiri_Tidus
3 years ago#6
I'm not sure if they work or not with item discovery equipment, and don't know how to confirm it or not...

However, I used them before fighting the mad warrior spirit in Belfry as much as I could and it seemed to help. I got all of his armor and the Berserker Blade after like 20-30 times.

User Info: Remotei

Remotei
3 years ago#7
The rusted coin raises your item discovery by 1%. The Gold Serpent Ring +2 raises it by 100%...

Frank_Poole
3 years ago#8
Well the ultimate goal is to farm ascetics. Get more coins to farm dogs > Get more effigies to enter abyss > get ascetics. If anyone knows a better way please share.

Frank_Poole
3 years ago#9
Remotei posted...
The rusted coin raises your item discovery by 1%. The Gold Serpent Ring +2 raises it by 100%...

You've tested it? Do you have a source?

User Info: Remotei

Remotei
3 years ago#10
Frank_Poole posted...
Remotei posted...

You've tested it? Do you have a source?

My source is the official guide in my hands. Other fun facts include the Cloranthy Ring +2 raising stamina recovery by 8.5%. Oh and it lasts 300 seconds.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Are rusted coins worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived