Enemy Spawns?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Enemy Spawns?

User Info: Ogda

Ogda
1 year ago#1
So first I was stuck at the last giant and first I grinded in the forest by the Bonfire but I discovered that the enemies in the Tower werent actualy that hard to kill so I started farming them instead. Suddenly however they stopped spawning Im on the Pursuer now and sure its nice to not have to face any enemies on my way to fight him but Im curious will all enemies stop respawning after a while?
Check out my Youtube Channel I upload videos regularly: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOneOwner

User Info: grimreaper698

grimreaper698
1 year ago#2
If memory serves (was like 2 years ago) enemy's spawn 12 times (obviously some only spawn once, & I think a couple spawn less than 12 times) in total, after that you'll need to use a bonfire ascetic to respawn them (they'll be NG+ difficulty if you use an ascetic on NG), though using ascetics to respawn standard enemy's isn't recommended, use the ascetics for certain bosses that drop extra stuff on NG+ difficulty & above.
Here I come on my pale horse to drag you all to the underworld

User Info: dbvirago

dbvirago
1 year ago#3
Yes, all but a very few enemies stop respawning after a while. The exact number varies, but it's somewhere in the 7-15 range. Assume you have opened the shortcut to the Pursuer? I just started a new game after finally (almost) finishing, and I'm at the same spot, so if you have any other questions, just let me know.

User Info: DoctorPiranha

DoctorPiranha
1 year ago#4
As the people before me said, the enemies do have a limited spawn capability; however, joining the Company of Champions covenant gives them unlimited spawns, but at the price of increased health and damage dealt to you.
PSN: DoctorPiranha (main account) / UvaSultanina (secondary account)

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
1 year ago#5
after that you'll need to use a bonfire ascetic to respawn them

Don't do that. Like Doc said, just join the Champion's Covenant. It'll make almost all enemies respawn endlessly (except intended one-time spawns). They'll be a little bit stronger stat-wise but mostly the same and you can kill them until your heart's content.

Then just leave the Covenant via the cat vender in Majula (there's no penalty for leaving) and it'll revert back to before with them all despawned.

dbvirago
1 year ago#6
Ah, forgot about leaving the covenant. Can you re-join?

User Info: grimreaper698

grimreaper698
1 year ago#7
Hotel_Security posted...
after that you'll need to use a bonfire ascetic to respawn them

Don't do that. Like Doc said, just join the Champion's Covenant. It'll make almost all enemies respawn endlessly (except intended one-time spawns). They'll be a little bit stronger stat-wise but mostly the same and you can kill them until your heart's content.

Then just leave the Covenant via the cat vender in Majula (there's no penalty for leaving) and it'll revert back to before with them all despawned.

Ah, but sadly vanilla doesn't have that farming perk.

EDIT

Ah, forgot about leaving the covenant. Can you re-join?

Yes.
Here I come on my pale horse to drag you all to the underworld

dbvirago
1 year ago#8
Wow. A lot of conflicting info out there on CoC. I'm strictly PVE so don't care about a lot of it. Since you can go straight from the start to Majula, I may roll a new character and play around with it before I try it with my active character. Easy enough to test on the hollows in Betwixt

User Info: KajeI

KajeI
1 year ago#9
grimreaper698 posted...
Ah, but sadly vanilla doesn't have that farming perk.

It does after the patch they did ages ago when Scholar first came out.
Currently playing: DS3, vanilla DS2 (3 DLC's), Overwatch, Hearthstone, LoL, Enter The Gungeon.
My current favorite song: http://tinyurl.com/gro676t
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Enemy Spawns?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived