Who can help me? (spoiler)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Who can help me? (spoiler)

User Info: dexteralp

dexteralp
1 year ago#11
hi. i m playing ds2 on ps4. my level 123. i cant kill velstadt the royal aegis. who can help me? please help me

User Info: grimreaper698

grimreaper698
1 year ago#12
hi. i m playing ds2 on ps4. my level 123. i cant kill velstadt the royal aegis. who can help me? please help me

What are your stats & equips?

Then I can do a run on him with something of the like & get a feel for how you should approach him.

(If you where asking for online help I'll be no use there since I'm not)
Here I come on my pale horse to drag you all to the underworld

User Info: bdmb7

bdmb7
1 year ago#13
Ok i am here if anyone can help. My soul memory is 655,115. Still cant beat these skeleton lords and sometimes those damn red phantoms even kill me on the way to the boss.
Currently playing: Dark Souls 2, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag

bdmb7
1 year ago#14
Wow i give up. These rolling skeletons deal too much damage. Going to bed and atacking this tomorrow.

grimreaper698
1 year ago#15
and sometimes those damn red phantoms even kill me on the way to the boss.

Ok, from the bonfire; cross the bridge to the right, kill the dude, go round the corner & kill his buddy, approach the archer with shield up (if you got a big weapon then charge when close to possibly kill them both in one go), kill the archers friend (if the archer doesn't switch to melee) then kill the archer, carry on a couple steps 'til you see an incline to the left, go up it. Now either kill all three of the men up here if you haven't done it before OR sprint for the middle of the area, then follow the crystal lizard (I've only killed him once so he's not worth dying (again) over), jump from where you currently are to the platform below, continue on straight, ignore the phantom & go straight for the fog. Viola.

Ok so since you're at SL102 you most likely have 14 STR & 10 DEX, if so read that which is in spoiler tag, if not then scroll past.

you'll need around 15-20K (to get it to +6 that is) for stuff you'll need to buy, but that's not hard.
ok so; if you don't already have one then go to no-mans wharf/shaded woods & get/buy a "greatsword UGS". Once that's done upgrade it as much as possible, get a few gold pine resin & pop them in one of your belt slots.
Head to huntsman's copse & the fog, enter, apply resin, charge the skel lord to the left, once he's dead (well he was already dead) start backing up & around the nearby pillar, if he went down fairly quickly then proceed to carve up his buddy (not the pyro!), once that's done keep circling around the room 'til all the pesky little skels are dead, apply resin again if it's been awhile & will probably run out in the next 20 seconds, kill the pyro, wait by his corpse 'til you start seeing the wheel skels pop up, cut down at least two of them a third if you can, get you shield out & block the last two, charge one (they usually don't end in the same place) & cut him down, get your shield out & repeat for the other. Viola.

Ok I really hope you've got a a strong enough staff to 1/2 shot these pesky skels 'cause if you don't...

Get to the fog (by now you should know how many spells you need to get the job done) & enter, kill the left lord & the right (if you have time), deal with all the pesky skels, kill the pyro, wait for the wheels to start spawning by the pyro's body, you might need to use binocs if you can't lock-on, kill at least two, shield up & block, always keep a pillar between you & them if possible, kill the one that rolls at you first since he'll come at you first after done rolling if you don't kill him before he starts rolling then un-lock-on since his buddy will be riding up your back if he's coming from a similar place. Use an alluring skull if you have any left (they also work wonders on that ambush in the shaded wood where the pyro chick is) & viola.

bdmb7
1 year ago#16
My issue is that the wheel skeletons get me when I can't see them. I might actually try to get chaos firestorm in the iron keep and see how that works.

My weapons are:

-Magic Mace +6
-Sunset Staff +1
-Drangelic Shield

Spells I use (my attunement is 20)

-Magic Weapon
-Heavy Soul Arrow
-Great Heavy Soul Arrow
-Yearn (to lure skeletons away)

grimreaper698
1 year ago#17
My issue is that the wheel skeletons get me when I can't see them

OI! (Sigh).

Ok, since you have yearn you can get all the wheel skels to group up which is great for flame swathe (you get it from straid) not so much for firestorm since it's a bit hit & miss (among other things).

the wheel skels SPAWN by where the pyro skel lord DIED, so like I said before; wait for them to start spawning (go to where the corpse was before it dissipates & cast magic weapon), when they spawn 2h your mace & start beating the sh!t outta 'em with your mace 'til 2 are dead, cast yearn at a corner (or anywhere if you're pressed for time), wait for them to go to the yearn, cast another yearn (in the same spot as the first), now start pelting them with spells while casting yearn every 5 seconds.

If you can't beat them like this then... Your only hope is summoning. (Pls make sure you meet the staff requirements since it's a split req, 'Cause if you don't... Well your dmg'll be way down)

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
1 year ago#18
the wheel skels SPAWN by where the pyro skel lord DIED, so like I said before; wait for them to start spawning (go to where the corpse was before it dissipates & cast magic weapon), when they spawn 2h your mace & start beating the sh!t outta 'em

I used a Large Club for this and did the two-hand strong attack for the pancakes (club weapons do extra damage to skeletons). It'd kill them in one swing. If I was fast enough, I could usually kill three of the four spawns before they start attacking but even just getting two is a huge help. I'd usually switch to spells to take out the other two so I could roll aside and then blast them as they go past.

bdmb7
1 year ago#19
I did it finally, jesus. I ended getting chaos storm and upgrading my pyro to +6. This spell is super powerful. Thanks for all of the help everyone!

User Info: dbvirago

dbvirago
1 year ago#20
dbvirago posted...
Got it. I didn't notice much difference with my Soul Arrows. Haven't used alluring skulls since the Demon Souls equivalent. I'll have to give that a try.

Glad I kept the ring. Once I got Staff of Wisdom, I definitely needed it.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Who can help me? (spoiler)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived