I hate Iron Keep

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. I hate Iron Keep

User Info: kind9

kind9
3 months ago#1
Easily my least favorite area in the game(Huntsman's Copse is up there too). For whatever reason I always struggle between the first and second bonfires. Probably because it's easy to get overwhelmed and I hate taking it slow and pulling. Plus the area is just dull and boring to look at.

Anyone else have an area they dread?
http://i.imgur.com/NkZUeFd.gif

User Info: mirain4400

mirain4400
3 months ago#2
Years later I still have a hatred for blighttown. The gutter and/or black gulch are mild by comparison.

Valley of defilement was not any fun either

User Info: ScarletSuzumiya

ScarletSuzumiya
3 months ago#3
Frozen Eleum Loyce is a pain in the ass, not in terms of difficulty and certainly not because I dislike it or anything, but because over half of the area can't be co-oped conventionally. I don't need the help, I just actually enjoy playing the game with my friends, so it's a little bit annoying.

Of course we found a workaround in that we just summon each other using the dragonbro summon signs then pop a seed of a tree of giants. Then we can go through together without restricting use of estus. Upside of that is it also prevents invasions because dragon duels are strictly 1v1, so we don't end up with invaders b****ing about us "ganking" them when we actually are legitimately just co-oping.

The other solution is to burn a bonfire ascetic because you can summon normally so long as Aava is alive, but forget that.

Outside of this I don't really have any areas that I dislike for any particular reasons, just that mild inconvenience.

kind9
3 months ago#4
mirain4400 posted...
Years later I still have a hatred for blighttown. The gutter and/or black gulch are mild by comparison.

Valley of defilement was not any fun either

I honestly didn't hate Blighttown as much as most people. I know it was a very laggy area, but after you've been through it a few times it's pretty much a breeze. IMO The Gutter is much more of a clusterf*** of wooden platforms and bridges. And at least Blighttown is already lit.

I take it Valley of Defilement is DS3? I haven't played that one fully yet.

User Info: mirain4400

mirain4400
3 months ago#5
Valley of defilement is Demon's Souls. And yes, the lag was my main issue with that area. Being lag killed is no fun.

User Info: RapidDarkness

RapidDarkness
3 months ago#6
I recently found that a two-handed silverblack spear is great for poking alonne knights to death. And the katana captain guys can eat a roll-bs whenever they draw their blade.

Hated New Londo Ruins, the part above water crawling with scythe-wielding phantoms. Twice-cursed with quartered max hp, that wasn't a fun place to be. Especially if you didn't know you had the cure in your inventory the whole time.
I wear no mask.

User Info: Jesseinator1000

Jesseinator1000
3 months ago#7
I thought Iron Keep was awesome(mostly because of Samurai Knights and Ninja Turtles). There wasnt even one whole area I hated(except for DLC, those areas were so annoying) but I did hate the one area in Drangleic Castle with all the Ruin Sentinels(I wanted all the treasure).
Video games are like life. I suck at them.

User Info: Unit7

Unit7
3 months ago#8
I remember my first attempt at new Londo ruins. I had gotten curse and had remembered two things. One bell was below and you could fight ghosts cursed... Took me a good while to clear it. Being one hit isn't fun. Was very confused when I hit a dead end and no bell...

As for Iron Keep, definitely gotta take it slow. If you find the hidden door in the beginning, you can make the room with 3 easier. Backstab the archer, one will aggro and you can take that one out as the last one does.

But those archers are a pain in the ass. Died a few times while on that bridge because I forget about one of them.

I hate Black Gultch. Getting staggered with poison and having them black things around is just frustrating. Luckily it's a very quick area.

Frigid Outskirts. By the time I figured out how to deal with the area I threw my hands up. I just wanted the game to be over and it being a optional area, I skipped it. (My plan was to use a large club to stun lock and kill them enough times so they won't respawn.)

Not a huge fan of the area before Freja. More because I don't like the design then anything else.

Brume Tower and Iron Passage. There are just some parts of that DLC that make it very easy for me to cheese. And usually I don't do that at least before clearing it without the cheese.

kind9
3 months ago#9
Unit7 posted...
As for Iron Keep, definitely gotta take it slow. If you find the hidden door in the beginning, you can make the room with 3 easier. Backstab the archer, one will aggro and you can take that one out as the last one does.

But those archers are a pain in the ass. Died a few times while on that bridge because I forget about one of them.

It's the bridge part that gets me. I usually run out a little bit and aggro like 3-4 guys then run back in the building. Then I run out again and try to kill the archer on the bridge, but of course this aggros another guy behind him, which is just annoying. Once I get past that I have to deal with two more archers... but wait, three more guys appear!

I know it's not as difficult as I make it out to be, it's usually hubris that gets me killed. But it's not just the enemy placement I hate about Iron Keep, I find it aesthetically displeasing as well.

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
3 months ago#10
It's Frigid Outskirts, BY FAR. Worst area in the entire Franchise.

The area is stupidly hard to navigate because distances are exaggerated, and because the visibility is near 0. There isn't even a way to mitigate the visibility issues like every other instance of visibility impairment in the franchise. Add to that the way the horses spawn, how aggressive and powerful they are, and the cliff they conveniently decided to place between you and the boss, and it turns the area into a chore. Top it off with the second worst boss fight in the game, (Arguably third, as Fume Knight contents with it) and you have BY FAR the worst area in the franchise.

This area makes Blighttown Lag look like great area design.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. I hate Iron Keep

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived