Lucatiel and Moonlight Greatsword trophies in NG+...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Lucatiel and Moonlight Greatsword trophies in NG+...

User Info: NibeIungsnarf

NibeIungsnarf
3 months ago#1
Are these fairly doable or is it easier to start a new NG to get them done?

User Info: ScarletSuzumiya

ScarletSuzumiya
3 months ago#2
No problem. The NPCs level up as well in NG+, not to the point where they overpower the bosses but their survivability shouldn't be an issue.

If you have trouble with it anyways, you can use bonfire ascetics to increase your kill counter until you meet the requirements for their trophies. The Prowling Magus & Congregation is extremely easy, for Benhart's Trophy, and Lucatiel can easily survive a number of fights such as The Rotten, Lost Sinner or Smelter Demon if you fight them aggressively.

NibeIungsnarf
3 months ago#3
Unrelated, but I don't want to flood the board. That could happen very quickly. Can I get some general tips on infusement? Are there any particular all purpose infusements, or is regular+10 the best?

More specifically I'm considering if I should infuse a bow. I already have a +10 shortbow, but they're weaker than pretty much all other bows I've seen so I was considering changing it.

Also, thanks for the response. I will leave mentioned trophies for NG+, but I might use a few bonfire aesthetics there.

ScarletSuzumiya
3 months ago#4
It depends on a lot of things, but to simplify it a lot, use whatever you want to use pretty much as long as your stats match what you intend to do. Everything is about equally effective, except for Raw, Enchanted, and Mundane. Raw is rarely useful, most of the time you only want it on weapons that don't have stat scaling already, like the Black Dragon weapons. Enchanted is never good, INT users should take the Magic infusion and use weapon buff spells instead in all cases (not including the Aged Smelter Demon, for anyone who wants to be smart about it, but Enchanted is still worse in that case than a dark or poison weapon). Mundane is no longer as good as it used to be, you're better off keeping your weapon plain than using Mundane.

Outside of those infusions though, everything else is generally the same level of effectiveness. Uninfused weapons deal more consistent damage but infused weapons can be a fair bit stronger, with the risk of going up against an enemy that just resists your chosen element rendering it weaker.

If you want to infuse a bow, infuse it with fire so you can blow up barrels and burn other things without needing fire arrows. This doesn't drop the base damage of them very much anyways and a fair amount of enemies are weak to fire. But generally, for the best damage overall I'd recommend a Hunter's Blackbow +10, uninfused, using the appropriate elemental arrows for the enemies you are fighting.

NibeIungsnarf
3 months ago#5
What's a good setup for Loyce Soul farming?

ScarletSuzumiya
3 months ago#6
Full Item Discovery gear (head, body, ring, watchdragon parma) and a greatclub that has a downwards slam for the two-handed R2 move. The Charred Loyce Knights are vulnerable to being crushed, and you can quickly and easily stunlock even large groups of them to death that way.

I'd recommend running in and crushing the pyromancer first, then as the other ones come up close to you, position yourself to crush the entire group at once. Once they're caught in the infinite, just keep using the R2 every time they try to stand up and you'll farm the souls very easily.

NibeIungsnarf
2 months ago#7
Is it faster to return to the bonfire and drop down again rather than waiting for them to respawn?

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
2 months ago#8
It's a continuous respawn isn't it? I've never done it after the boss, but I'd assume they just keep coming until you die or leave, just like if the Loyce Knights weren't there to freeze the portals.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

User Info: Sera67

Sera67
2 months ago#9
Summons to farm loyce is active from time to time, So you can just BC out if they gesture for it.

Thou using feather works to solo. But good group of clubber who are all farming makes it easy as hell to just have everyone slam. Take turns chasing pyro one down, runs go fast,
Retired Capcom Moderator: Yuffie
I'm Not Lost! I'm Adventuring!

ScarletSuzumiya
2 months ago#10
They do keep respawning after the boss is dead, but the respawn rate is slower than the rate that they spawn during the actual boss fight, and they stop after a few waves. Still, it's faster to stick around for a few waves, feathering out after the first wave leaves you with the loading screen, the walk back to the boss room, and the long fall, which ends up being longer than just waiting for another wave to spawn.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Lucatiel and Moonlight Greatsword trophies in NG+...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived