After its all said and done, DS2 is still the best souls for me

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. After its all said and done, DS2 is still the best souls for me

User Info: Smackpwn

Smackpwn
3 months ago#1
Best pvp, best builds, most replayability with soul vessals, and a diffrent playthrough in NG+, i dont find that DS3 came anywhere close to the amount of hours played i got from DS2

Of course dark souls is dead after from soft has shown they want to take the series in a more casual fast paced action approach with DS3, but whenever i remember DS its DS2 and the 500+ hours of NG+++ and pvp i got out of it

User Info: MeMawsMoonpie

MeMawsMoonpie
3 months ago#2
Totally agree... Best PvP by a mile. Most replayability by a mile. Best gear and weapon selection by a mile... I could go on but I won't. lol Long live DS2.

User Info: kind9

kind9
3 months ago#3
I still prefer the art direction of DS1, but I do like the gameplay of DS2 the most.
http://i.imgur.com/NkZUeFd.gif

User Info: venn2001ad

venn2001ad
3 months ago#4
Hear hear. Haters be damned. DkS2 is very awesome.

Too bad that there won't be another Souls game. It would've been nice if we could get another one with such tactical and methodical gameplay as DkS2.
To be or not to be... that is not the question.

User Info: DrSpicy97

DrSpicy97
3 months ago#5
Here here (:

The most RPG elements of an Action RPG series, but still while never being light on the action.
If shoes are so important, why do we put them on our feet?

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
3 months ago#6
All I can do is roll my eyes at this topic.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

User Info: Pancake

Pancake
3 months ago#7
hi from PC sotfs. arena's still poppin'.
https://i.imgtc.com/xSHXlNj.gif

User Info: demonardvark

demonardvark
2 months ago#8
if not for the gank squads i would agree

some of the best looking areas, and love the interactivity with the torches.

just the bloody damn gank squads ruin it for me, sotfs went way overboard with a lot of it and it just kind of ruins the experience for me. so perhaps vanilla ds2 is worthy but sotfs god no
tl;dr: This game is Japanese waifu weeaboo nerd fest training simulator. -Nyekun

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
2 months ago#9
I don't really feel like they gave you effective crowd control measures. There's a very small handful of them, but they don't have enough utility to be truly reliable.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

User Info: Mur96

Mur96
2 months ago#10
demonardvark posted...
if not for the gank squads i would agree

some of the best looking areas, and love the interactivity with the torches.

just the bloody damn gank squads ruin it for me, sotfs went way overboard with a lot of it and it just kind of ruins the experience for me. so perhaps vanilla ds2 is worthy but sotfs god no

This

DS2 had a lot of problems regarding gank squads of not-so-weak enemies, and some other ganks with really annoying ones (mummies ftw). There wasn't really a weak enemy swarm like DS1, except for the Forest of Fallen Giants, Grave of Saints and The Gutter IIRC. Most of the time it's just too overwhelming.

But it wasn't THAT bad. At least before SotFS. Scholar just added even more gank squads, not really necessary in anyway and just plain annoying. See Iron Keep ffs.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. After its all said and done, DS2 is still the best souls for me

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived