Dual wielding

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Dual wielding

User Info: Geomancer01

Geomancer01
3 years ago#1
I remember that there was supposed to be some kind of "power stance" you could go into while dual wielding, but there's nothing like that yet, and I just want a shield. Has anyone liked it?
I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
XBL GT: Geomancer654

User Info: GAIRIRETT

GAIRIRETT
3 years ago#2
Same. It was my understanding there was actually a point to dual wielding.
GT: g a ir ir e t t - (Dragon's Dogma) Level: 50-70 Archer/Assassin/Strider

User Info: gibson2004

gibson2004
3 years ago#3
I read that the power stance is only possible with two weapons of the same class. Could be misinformation, so try it out? I don't have the game yet : (

User Info: Geomancer01

Geomancer01
3 years ago#4
gibson2004 posted...
I read that the power stance is only possible with two weapons of the same class. Could be misinformation, so try it out? I don't have the game yet : (

Weird, since the swordsman starts out with a scimitar and short sword.
I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
XBL GT: Geomancer654

gibson2004
3 years ago#5
Geomancer01 posted...
gibson2004 posted...

Weird, since the swordsman starts out with a scimitar and short sword.

Well, the scimitar is a curved sword and the longsword is a straight sword, so that might explain it. Try the scimitar with a falchion, or longsword with a shortsword

User Info: mattat01

mattat01
3 years ago#6
to be able to dual wield you have to met 1.5 or 2x the weapons requirements and some weapons cant be dual wielding together
GT: mattat01

User Info: Dead_Orange

Dead_Orange
3 years ago#7
From what I've heard they need to both be the same base type IE Slash/Slash and then you need str/dex (not sure if its one or both or dependent on the weapon) 1.5x higher than the required to wield the weapons. Thats a rough outline for it and I may have missed something.

gibson2004
3 years ago#8
Dead_Orange posted...
From what I've heard they need to both be the same base type IE Slash/Slash and then you need str/dex (not sure if its one or both or dependent on the weapon) 1.5x higher than the required to wield the weapons. Thats a rough outline for it and I may have missed something.

that makes sense, I'd go with that.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Dual wielding

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived