horrible frame rate in battles...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IV
  3. horrible frame rate in battles...

User Info: getbackjojo

getbackjojo
4 years ago#1
Its seriously like 10-15 fps in battle... around 30 fps outside of battle on the ipad 3. Is it better on the ipad 4?

User Info: JRPG

JRPG
4 years ago#2
How much space do you have? I had to make sure I had 3-4 gigs free for it to be good. And I think the game centre or online thing slows it down sometimes.

But yeah the frame rate is fine for me now I cleared space. Hopefully it will fix it for you. Otherwise write to square and see if they can update a fix for iPad 3 users? I'm using an iPhone 4 on iOS 5. Too lazy to update lol
Vita: Joerpg84
3DS: 2621-2720-6163

User Info: INVIZOBLE

INVIZOBLE
4 years ago#3
runs good on my 3gs iOS 5

getbackjojo
4 years ago#4
I do have quite bit installed at the moment, I'll try freeing up some space and see if that helps. And if all else fails i could try writing to square XD Thanks for the input!

User Info: MEFreak1984

MEFreak1984
4 years ago#5
golbeza posted...
I do have quite bit installed at the moment, I'll try freeing up some space and see if that helps. And if all else fails i could try writing to square XD Thanks for the input!

I had the same issue with GTA 3 at first. I deleted a ton of stuff I never played, and cleared out the stuff at the bottom. (Double click the bottom button) and it ran fine for me after that.
XBOX Live Gamertag: FangBanga84
"Diggin Minecraft Style"

getbackjojo
4 years ago#6
Well I had a chance to make some space, I have 11gb free, but it didn't help, I even restarted the ipad. I saw some other people complaining about it on their ipad 3 on the touch arcade forums. Makes me wish I had waited 3 more months and got the ipad 4 lol...

User Info: JRPG

JRPG
4 years ago#7
That is a shame. Just email square and there might be a fix. Just tell them what iOS firmware you are on to so they can test it out.
Vita: Joerpg84
3DS: 2621-2720-6163

User Info: zergslayer69

zergslayer69
4 years ago#8
That's how it was on the ds, I think this is just how the game is. There's no way the battle scene is more demanding than games like modern combat and such.
PSN - zergslayer69
Friend Code - 3909 8848 9513

User Info: Tsuna-Decimo

Tsuna-Decimo
4 years ago#9
iPhone 4 iOS 6.0.1 user here.
The frame rate is horrible with map opened up while travelling in *SPOILER*

Slyph Cave
*SPOILER*
Learn to use the Search Bar before making a new thread. Thanks.

User Info: jupitersblade

jupitersblade
4 years ago#10
after playing final fantasy dimensions and that auto battle speed.......well this is unplayable to me. its real real slow..... i have an ipad 3, no other stuff running. its brutal.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IV
  3. horrible frame rate in battles...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived