This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Event Pokemon be secret now?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Will Event Pokemon be secret now?

User Info: reaverz

reaverz
4 years ago#11
I'll be sad if we can't figure out the new Pokemon's base stats, abilities, etc. early on.
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]

User Info: Decon082

Decon082
4 years ago#12
IionIiar posted...
It's entirely possible to completely add a new Pokemon using entirely DLC. It wouldn't need to have any data in the game beforehand. I expect Nintendo to do this with event legendaries.

Really? This could definitely be interesting then. I hope they make the Pokemon continuously available as DLC instead of limited even Pokemon though if that's the case.

As long as the DLC is free, then I have no problem with this. It wouldn't be right to charge $10 or however much, when all the previous events were free.
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.

User Info: IionIiar

IionIiar
4 years ago#13
I'll be sad if we can't figure out the new Pokemon's base stats, abilities, etc. early on.

Actually if we can't analyze the data wouldn't the only way to find out base stats be battle testing with each Pokemon? And that's assuming the stats and damage formulas haven't changed in this generation.
http://i.imgur.com/kQDKi.png

User Info: Kokiburi

Kokiburi
4 years ago#14
True, this is assuming battle mechanics will be pretty similar to old games. The video highly suggests this, but it's too early to know for sure.

User Info: Fardrassil

Fardrassil
4 years ago#15
While I'm the sort of person who likes to know all of a game's secrets and the like, I think it will remain interesting if the Event Pokémon remain hidden for a time. Of course, using Metronome could very well uncover signature moves if they have any and the like.

User Info: reaverz

reaverz
4 years ago#16
IionIiar posted...

Actually if we can't analyze the data wouldn't the only way to find out base stats be battle testing with each Pokemon? And that's assuming the stats and damage formulas haven't changed in this generation.

Or... a printed guide will become... WORTH BUYING AGAIN. :O
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]

User Info: AwesomeTurtwig

AwesomeTurtwig
4 years ago#17
Pretty people have viewed 3DS files.
http://potders.com/sigs/2.png My flash games: http://bit.ly/kO1BDd
Epic ssbb videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/bleamix

User Info: volakam

volakam
4 years ago#18
X/Y might be the catalyst to the 3DS scene in the same way D/P was for the DS.
Gambling is a sin.
Alcohol is evil.

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
4 years ago#19
Zekrix posted...
Decon082 posted...
Their data is still in the games.

You don't know that

Data can't exist without it being programmed in. Just because we didn't know about Mew way back in the RBY days doesn't mean its data wasn't still in the game's coding itself.

Even if we can't rip visual aspects of the game, we can still infer from the coding which Pokemon are going to be secret or not.
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
4 years ago#20
reaverz posted...
IionIiar posted...

Or... a printed guide will become... WORTH BUYING AGAIN. :O

Those guides never reveal event Pokemon until it's allowed by Nintendo, though. So it will be pointless.
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Will Event Pokemon be secret now?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived