This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think they'll improve breeding in any way....?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do you think they'll improve breeding in any way....?

User Info: Milso

Milso
4 years ago#11
I think it's very unlikely that the titles refer to chromosomes.
rawr

User Info: IionIiar

IionIiar
4 years ago#12
they should make pokemon that are actually crossbreads of the pokemon, think of the possibilities.

Sometimes it just doesn't make sense why 2 random pokemon make the ones that they do.

This. This so ****ing hard. With the 3D models and use of procedural generation techniques that have been around since the late 90s this actually conceivable, a Pokemon that's a true blending of its parents. I mean I doubt Pokemon will go in this direction, but still... If it happened I would consider it a spiritual successor to Jade Cocoon and my personal favorite game. I might actually cry with delight.
http://i.imgur.com/FAoMm.png

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
4 years ago#13
Why?

There is a double helix in the japan logo, red and blue are often used to represent the color of genetic IE DNA, and we've got an X and Y which would match the X and Y chromosomes.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me

User Info: paipr

paipr
4 years ago#14
IionIiar posted...
they should make pokemon that are actually crossbreads of the pokemon, think of the possibilities.

Sometimes it just doesn't make sense why 2 random pokemon make the ones that they do.

This. This so ****ing hard. With the 3D models and use of procedural generation techniques that have been around since the late 90s this actually conceivable, a Pokemon that's a true blending of its parents. I mean I doubt Pokemon will go in this direction, but still... If it happened I would consider it a spiritual successor to Jade Cocoon and my personal favorite game. I might actually cry with delight.

mad respect high-five for the jade cocoon love.
cant decide which movie is the worst movie; dragon ball z evolution, m.nights last air bender, or twilight????? hmmm

User Info: RippleLaser

RippleLaser
4 years ago#15
Milso posted...
I think it's very unlikely that the titles refer to chromosomes.

Look closer to the Japanese title art.

User Info: IionIiar

IionIiar
4 years ago#16
IionIiar posted...

mad respect high-five for the jade cocoon love.

*high five*
Hell yeah a fellow Jade Cocoon fan :D Jade Cocoon is still enjoyable for the awesome merging system. That said I loved all of the lore and would have loved to see it fleshed out by a proper franchise :( It's so disappointing that it only ended up as a cult classic. At the very least the merging system should be recovered by current generation monster raising games, though Jade Cocoon could teach them a thing or two about how to build lore as well.
http://i.imgur.com/VYCNT.png
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do you think they'll improve breeding in any way....?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived