This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starter Pokemon name breakdown.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Starter Pokemon name breakdown.

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
4 years ago#11
Someone pointed out that Fennekin might also be Fennec Fox and Kinesis as in a hint even more so that this going to be a fire psychic type.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me

User Info: NightWatch177

NightWatch177
4 years ago#12
Chespin - likely Chesnut + Spine, fully evolved I'm picturing a Grass/Dark Sandslash-esque pokemon, which can curl up in to a ball, and look like the casing to a conker/horse chesnut, I.e, green and spiny.

Fennekin - Fennic fox + kin (possibly kin as is child, etc), kindle also works.

Froakie - Foam/Frog + Croak, 'oakie' is also an inexperienced person, like a rookie. Fightning type connotations.

I'm fully expecting Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting, from the names and second moves shown.
GT: Corrupted177 - Play Halo Reach, Dark Souls, Armored Core V, Borderlands GOTY and Dragon's Dogma.
NNID: NightWatchman177 - Play Nintendoland and ZombiU.

User Info: HeyItsZant

HeyItsZant
4 years ago#13
Hirokey123 posted...
Someone pointed out that Fennekin might also be Fennec Fox and Kinesis as in a hint even more so that this going to be a fire psychic type.

That's a stretch.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

User Info: Nidhogg151

Nidhogg151
4 years ago#14
Hirokey123 posted...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's most likely referring to kindle. You know, since kindle literally means "to light or set on fire" and it's a fire type.
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Starter Pokemon name breakdown.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived