This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone plan on abstaining from spoiling the new pokemon?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Anyone plan on abstaining from spoiling the new pokemon?

User Info: OldDirtyCR

OldDirtyCR
4 years ago#1
For Gen 3 and Gen 5 I purposely avoided looking at the new pokemon before the game's release. It creates a feeling similar to that when I played the original Pokemon game and discovering new pokemon as I went along. There was that feeling of "newness", wonder, and excitement.

Playing through White when it came out was really fun because it never got old as I would be constantly finding new pokemon I had never seen before. I would level pokemon without knowing if they had an evolution or not. It was definitely a different experience than what I had with Gen 2 and 4 (Using a guide from the start and seeing all the new pokemon well before release).

Anyways I plan on doing the same for this generation. It really wasn't that hard for B/W. It basically involved avoiding looking at Serebii. I still was very active on Pokemon forums and websites. Occasionally I'd get a glimpse of a pokemon or two but that's not the end of the world.

Anyone else gonna buckle down and do the same thing? The worldwide release is definitely going to make it a lot easier as the wait is a lot shorter.

User Info: LightningHawk90

LightningHawk90
4 years ago#2
I'm going to try as much as possible....but I won't be able to avoid CoroCoro leaks on Serebii. Too much temptation..
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595

User Info: wufei8706

wufei8706
4 years ago#3
Should I help you out by telling you some words to block so you don't get spoiled?
http://i45.tinypic.com/4sl82r.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Uu5mm.png

User Info: Pizzaman13

Pizzaman13
4 years ago#4
RageKaiser posted...
I'm going to try as much as possible....but I won't be able to avoid CoroCoro leaks on Serebii. Too much temptation..

Yeah, same here.

User Info: Sakul123

Sakul123
4 years ago#5
Yeah, I always play through twice. I figured by not spoiling it, the second time would be way more rewarding rather than just picking a slightly different team.
Black PKMN: 4513 2385 7799

User Info: Gevous

Gevous
4 years ago#6
Nope. I'd love to, but I won't lie to myself.
Owner of the account Blurninja, who was closed in an account bet.

User Info: zaingasm

zaingasm
4 years ago#7
RageKaiser posted...

Came here to say this. I just can't help myself...
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9981-2913 [PSN:ZainEatsAirplane]
Official Glaceon of the Pokemon X Boards

User Info: ThatKipp

ThatKipp
4 years ago#8
I'm not sure about this one. I usually steer clear of all sites about a month prior to the release of any game that I don't want spoiled. The same will hold true for XY, I think. I do want to see some more new Pokemon, but I also want to save some of them for when I play the game.
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X boards
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725

User Info: Ex360

Ex360
4 years ago#9
I was gonna make a topic just like this. Anyways, yeah. I'm avoiding pretty much any information on the actual Pokemon. I've only ever been surprised by the first and second generation. After that I had the ability to just look everything up. This time around, I want to be completely surprised by all the Pokemon that weren't in the trailer. It's gonna be a tough and tempting 9-10 months...

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
4 years ago#10
I'll look at the Pokemon released via CoroCoro and on the websites and all that, but that's it. Like you said, the worldwide release will make things a lot easier. It'll be almost impossible to spoil everything, actually.

I really wanted to keep gen 5 unspoiled, but couldn't help myself. Really looking forward to gen 6 being (mostly) totally unknown.
SERIOUSLY NOT HOME ROWED
want some funeral to go with that cake?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Anyone plan on abstaining from spoiling the new pokemon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived