This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

User Info: heresjohnno

heresjohnno
4 years ago#141
Pokemon Yellow - special Pikachu edition.

I got up to Fushica City and noticed that even though Pikachu was at least 5 levels above my next closest pokemon, he was still easily about 20 hp weaker and had noticably lower stats.

Pikachu was a burden to my team, so I dumped him. His inability to evolve in Raichu was his downfall.
If your zergling rush fails, consult your hatchery. You may need more zerglings.

User Info: SilverSock

SilverSock
4 years ago#142
Nope, I've always kept mine until the hall of fame. The most tempted I've ever been was with Snivy, but I kept him going.
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson

User Info: Maximoom

Maximoom
4 years ago#143
pikachu in yellow.

User Info: kingtrace

kingtrace
4 years ago#144
Yes. I've done it only a few times, though, because it feels like you're ripping your team's heart out.

User Info: pusho

pusho
4 years ago#145
when its my first time playing the game no, but in games like fire red where i have started over like 3 times i have, it makes it a liiitle more difficult since the games are already easy. I don't really feel bad about it, made a hypno my starter once and he was happy :)
SoulSilver FC: 3395-5870-7789
Black FC: 0733-4647-7864

User Info: B01t

B01t
4 years ago#146
I've never boxed a starter, although i can't say i'm fond of ANY of gen 4 or 5's... Made playing them less than great. I liked oshawott and dewott, but i really dislike samurott's design. Fortunately, these next 3 all look pretty good!
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia

User Info: FRo3tBLo0d

FRo3tBLo0d
4 years ago#147
DarcKage posted...
Never.

I'll always keep my starter in the party. It feels weird without it.

Agreed

User Info: pickledude11

pickledude11
4 years ago#148
Nope, in my regular play through I use Pokemon I like and don't really care about stats, and Ive always liked the starter I picked so I kept it (Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Chimchar, Snivy, strangely I've been alternating between grass and fire starters without trying, though that will end when I pick Chespin).

User Info: AugustDreaming

AugustDreaming
4 years ago#149
Nope
Poke White FC ( June ) - 1507 1398 3559
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams

User Info: FlameGirl15

FlameGirl15
4 years ago#150
The first and only time I ever boxed my starter was in Black 2. I hate it, so I traded over a Vulpix and I have been using that. Tepig is still in the box....
"Farewell My Shadow... You Who is At The End of The Path That I Chose Not To Follow..." - Mithos Yggdrasill
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived