This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

User Info: emeraldfox_09

emeraldfox_09
4 years ago#21
I haven't, don't think I will either. Only for postgame, though.
I often yell at my Wii not to patronize me - Wario_man
Bianca <3. I like Shauntal too.

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
4 years ago#22
Not really, I definitely used them the least in White+Black 2 though, due to the fact that Gen V starters suck.
PSN: TheUndying84

User Info: shadow_sake

shadow_sake
4 years ago#23
Nope.
PSN: Shadow_Sake
c:x:x:x:x{{:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

User Info: TheRedLuma

TheRedLuma
4 years ago#24
I don't think I have but my memory is somewhat hazy. The only thing I remember is doing the Emerald cloning glitch wrong and my Sceptile went missing... While it is a little bit sad, it's my least favorite of the final Hoenn starters, so whatever.
White 2: Nikki
FC: 3697-8095-3793

User Info: Accrovideogames

Accrovideogames
4 years ago#25
I accidentally released my Pikachu from Yellow as a kid, I didn't understand English back in the day (read my signature), but I eventually restarted my game a few times. Apart from that, my starter has always been part of my main team. Since Generation IV however, I started the habit of replacing one of my Pokémon for a HM slave when needed, if my starter is the one having a disadvantage during these parts of the game, I would box it. It's always part of my main team and I always keep it for the Elite Four.
I'm French speaking.
Male, 22, Quebec

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
4 years ago#26
He goes in if I have too many and need to box one temporarily but never permanently. It's your start, gotta stick with em.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: Robot_Soopa

Robot_Soopa
4 years ago#27
I do it all the time.

I don't like exclusive Pokemon. I feel more in touch with Pokemon when I'm using Pokemon that anyone can get.

User Info: tsunamisurfer08

tsunamisurfer08
4 years ago#28
Yes. The starters in Johto weren't that great. Same with Unova. Loved the Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh starters.

Although SoulSilver made Feraligatr fun thanks to the physical/special split.
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.

User Info: SteelPunk808

SteelPunk808
4 years ago#29
I think I'm justified. Put it this way, I was young and naive. Also easily frustrated. I got my @$$ handed to me when I used Chikorita/Bayleaf in the first half of the game. The 1-4 gym matchups were not favorable. My team literally improved when I boxed Bayleaf. I trained my Heracross and Espeon real hard. Like I said, they both worked cohesively to form a deadly core to my team. Gyarados and Ho-oh were icing on the cake. Ampharos and Gengar weren't extremely necassary, i just got them for type variety.
Team Axis for Pokemon X and Y. Calling it now :p
01/08/2013

User Info: Swiftblade09

Swiftblade09
4 years ago#30
SteelPunk808 posted...
I think I'm justified. Put it this way, I was young and naive. Also easily frustrated. I got my @$$ handed to me when I used Chikorita/Bayleaf in the first half of the game. The 1-4 gym matchups were not favorable. My team literally improved when I boxed Bayleaf. I trained my Heracross and Espeon real hard. Like I said, they both worked cohesively to form a deadly core to my team. Gyarados and Ho-oh were icing on the cake. Ampharos and Gengar weren't extremely necassary, i just got them for type variety.

Meganium is awesome gen 2. Also makes 3rd gym easier than it already was. Meganium can tank just about anything ingame.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raiz5MAb98Q
Official Salamence of the Pokemon X and Y boards
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have you EVER abandoned/boxed your Starter even during your playthrough?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived