This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is a terrible idea, so feel free to mock it.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. This is a terrible idea, so feel free to mock it.

User Info: Zarren364

Zarren364
4 years ago#1
I was just wondering how broken it would be if in the "big" battles (gym, bosses, rival, legendaries, E4, champion) the opponent's pokemon had boosted stats? I don't mean perfect IV's, or EV's, I mean that the had stats that couldn't be obtained at that level. I feel that most of the boost would go to HP, then other stats.

I thought about this while playing other RPG's where the bosses have stats that just kinda blow you out of the water, and how in pokemon a simple super-effective attack makes any battle a cake-walk. The more I thought about this though, the more I realized given how damage is calculated and what not, this could make battles nearly impossible.

Your thoughts?
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBW2C-Wargle I R - Zarren
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.

User Info: scrappybristol

scrappybristol
4 years ago#2
Just give them move sets that cover their weaknesses.
Ring Ring

User Info: DarthLaharl

DarthLaharl
4 years ago#3
I'm up for anything that makes Pokemon more difficult.

When BW 2 came out I used Action Replay to unlock the challenge key from jump and it was still easy even when I under-leveled on purpose.
---
PSN: Unretributed

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
4 years ago#4
Why don't they start by just consistently giving them a full team, that'd be nice.
PSN: TheUndying84
(message deleted)

User Info: Azurinai

Azurinai
4 years ago#6
Boosted HP by around 15x for legendaries.
Boosted HP by around 5x for gym leader pokemon
Boosted HP by around 3x for elite 4 pokemon and 7x for their main (highest level)
Boosted HP by around 10x for Champion Pokemon and Team Leaders.
Boosted HP by around 5x for the final rival battle.

I think that is fine, make the fights longer but not harder. I dunno, maybe make status like 25% to land even with no guard, poison stall would be cheap to get off at the beginning of a match.
"Why do I check for updates when I know there's nothing there?"

User Info: Benzychenz

Benzychenz
4 years ago#7
Kyurem and N's dragon definitely needed boosted stats in BW2.
It's ridiculous when a 'boss battle' is a 6v1 cakewalk.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg

User Info: jeffdogworthy

jeffdogworthy
4 years ago#8
Azurinai posted...
Boosted HP by around 15x for legendaries.
Boosted HP by around 5x for gym leader pokemon
Boosted HP by around 3x for elite 4 pokemon and 7x for their main (highest level)
Boosted HP by around 10x for Champion Pokemon and Team Leaders.
Boosted HP by around 5x for the final rival battle.

I think that is fine, make the fights longer but not harder. I dunno, maybe make status like 25% to land even with no guard, poison stall would be cheap to get off at the beginning of a match.

Boost HP by 15x?

That gives a level 50 giratina a minimum of like 3000 HP

User Info: evilvideogamer

evilvideogamer
4 years ago#9
Well Ghetis had an underleveled Hydriegon in both games... I'm not against this but simply making them have the aformentioned perfect IV's and EVs in proper stats along with a proper nature and good coverage set would already make a strong case for a "difficult mode"
swagodile for life
Black: 0432 7698 4556

User Info: Bountyan

Bountyan
4 years ago#10
Just give the NPCs better and/or more Pokemon with better movepools. That alone makes it more challenging before even having to change the stats. The Unova gyms were pathetically easy because they were all limited to 3 Pokemon tops.
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. This is a terrible idea, so feel free to mock it.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived