This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you love/hate about Gen 5?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What do you love/hate about Gen 5?

User Info: XWolfO

XWolfO
4 years ago#21
Love:
- The music.
- The story.
- Most of the pokemon designs.
- Being able to use TMs as much as I want.
- Challenge Mode.
- The slightly improved graphics.
- Likable rivals.
- Easier way to level up your pokemon.

Hate:
- How boring the region was.
- Dreamworld.
- A few pokemon designs. Namely Zoroark, the whole Timburr line, Garbodor and Genesect.
- Unova Pokemon only during White.
It's-a me!

User Info: Tequila_Shot

Tequila_Shot
4 years ago#22
I hate how a lot of the TM's are only obtained through BP, and that list was only expanded in Black 2 and White 2. I hate how the Dream World is used as a tool to drive traffic to their website.

I love everything else about it. Fifth Generation has actually been one of my favorite generations so far, and that's saying a LOT. The overall quality-of-life and aesthetic imrpovements over Fourth Gen were a huge step in the right direction for me. Black 2 and White 2 are, so far, my favorite Pokemon games to date. Black Skycraper, White Treehollow, Unova Link, Infrared Box-to-Box trading from anywhere (not just a Pokemon Center), animated battle sprites, and a slough of other things have really reforged this series into an even better iteration.
If you're a gamer, it is your responsibility to share this with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k

User Info: Krisipoke

Krisipoke
4 years ago#23
Tenzhi posted...
It seemed so much more tedious to me than the previous games. I'm not entirely sure why.

really? That's interesting, because the Pokémon were all-new, and the gameplay was much speeded up. Just look up a (non-edited) battle video from Diamond/Pearl, and then one from Black/White. You'll be amazed how faster everything got.
Goemon, Simon Belmont, Mega Man, Paper Mario, Alex Roivas, Isaac, and Prince Sabure for SSB4!
http://www.backloggery.com/krisi

User Info: Tenzhi

Tenzhi
4 years ago#24
Krisipoke posted...
really? That's interesting, because the Pokémon were all-new, and the gameplay was much speeded up. Just look up a (non-edited) battle video from Diamond/Pearl, and then one from Black/White. You'll be amazed how faster everything got.

The battles themselves may have been sped up, but by the time I got to the final four it felt like the game had been dragging on forever...

And then that wasn't the end! I finally just got a friend of mine to get me a vast supply of rare candy, bloated my Pokemon up to 100, and went through the four the second time without exploring much of the remaining routes. I couldn't take it any more.
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.

User Info: ReverseFuture

ReverseFuture
4 years ago#25
I love the new pokemon and the general "feel" of the region
I hate the new EXP system. It's terrible, your levels get waaay too high.

User Info: Polimario

Polimario
4 years ago#26
Love:

-Kyurem
-PWT
-Pokewood Studios
-Gym Themes (Clay > all)
-Soundtrack
-Pokemon Designs
-Season asthetics
-No Roamers in BW2

Hate:

-Dream World
-Season restricted areas
-No Meloetta US event yet
-Berries can only be farmed in Dream World
Get on my bad side...and I'll freeze you solid!
Self-Proclaimed Kyurem of all eternity.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What do you love/hate about Gen 5?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived