The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen 1 sucked

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Gen 1 sucked

User Info: willingmess

willingmess
4 years ago#41
I think that throughout the series the games have gotten better. however there is one qualm I have with the newer games: the sprites. the spritework in the old games are at least alot cooler than alot of the new ones. certainly there were alot of bad ones back then but I also happen to think that over time the sprites for each pokemon have become blander and blander (I am right now re-playing red)
Warning! the preceding post may cause severe laughter. viewer discretion is advised

User Info: BikdipOnABus

BikdipOnABus
4 years ago#42
Does a game need to have extensive online features to be considered good? I've never done an online battle or trade (with the exception of 3 GTS trades where I moved my Pokemon from one game to another, I was basically just taking advantage of the evolution glitch), and I've still logged over a thousand hours into my Gen 4 and 5 games. The only online features I've used are the Dream World and various events.

I do kind of agree with the grid-based movement, but I don't think it necessarily hurts the gameplay.
If you actively hate Justin Bieber... then you don't know what "intended audience" means. Hate Twilight instead, it's far worse.

User Info: Benzychenz

Benzychenz
4 years ago#43
BikdipOnABus posted...
Does a game need to have extensive online features to be considered good?

When it's practically the only new feature in the game? Yes.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Gen 1 sucked

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived