This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are you going to play through Pokemon X and Y?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How are you going to play through Pokemon X and Y?

User Info: 5ky_4nth3m

5ky_4nth3m
4 years ago#11
hmm, now that you mention it i'm kinda wondering myself.

i mean, usually the games take too long to be released in the rest of the world for me to be able to "endure the pain" of not checking everything i can about the new games.
but since x and y will be released worldwide at least in the same month, i might actually avoid spoilers this time around and do the first playthrough all by myself.
haven't done that since red and gold so it really sounds like a good plan.

User Info: RikusTwilight

RikusTwilight
4 years ago#12
As there will be new Pokémon I'm going to B/W it and use a team solely of new pokemon, grabbing everything that I can and getting my staple types in (grass, fire, water, dark, psychic and electric) in whatever form they come in.

I will be catching everything that I see, which will be a nice refresh since in my play through of BW2 because I absolutely hammered Black 1 in terms of catching everything I really don't feel the need to do so again in 2.

User Info: Polimario

Polimario
4 years ago#13
I'll probably go around, catching whatever catches my eye.

Definitely gonna catch a Dragon though.
When in doubt, Outrage out!
Self-Proclaimed Kyurem-B and Genesect of all eternity.

User Info: FredCat07

FredCat07
4 years ago#14
I don't care, I just go with whoever stronger. And if I felt out of shape, I would swap last five (except my starter) for other five random pokémon to training.
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif

User Info: adismaltheft

adismaltheft
4 years ago#15
I always use stuff that I think looks cool and try to limit my team to not have more than one of the same type.
I think never is enough.
Gamertag: Icecold229

User Info: Missing Number

Missing Number
4 years ago#16
I always just try to fill the dex to the brim as early as possible, don't care bout raising anything other than those I think look cool, so chances are I will have 2 or 3, and the rest will be Pokemon I'm trying to evolve and ditch

I usually don't reserve a perma spot for anything but my starter til endgame though
If I ain't gonna be part of the greatest, I gotta be the greatest myself! ~ Busta Rhymes

User Info: meiyuki

meiyuki
4 years ago#17
My pattern for pokemon is to just use the ones I like that fit on the team through the elite 4, then when I'm in post game start working on catching everything and looking up info for a competitive team.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How are you going to play through Pokemon X and Y?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived