This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever caught a shiny?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have you ever caught a shiny?

User Info: Dawndragon

Dawndragon
4 years ago#31
A Few.

An Oddish (emerald), a Volbeat (Black), and a Paras(Heart gold) of questionable authenticity(The Paras, I mean.), also A Gyarados or two from Heart gold, though as you encounter it as part of the storyline, there's not much to brag about. Aside from the fact that it's a Gyarados.

And when I manage to bring myself back into Black 2's Gargantuan Post-Game, I dare say A Gible and a Haxorus shall be added to that list. :)

I've also managed to find Pokerus.
Trade Partners: I Do not knowingly accept Hacked pokemon, Nor will I Knowingly trade them out.
3052-9840-7953 - Pokemon Black FC

User Info: Robur1985

Robur1985
4 years ago#32
Lumineon and Red Garados, took forever for the Garados though...yeesh!
GamerTag : Robur1985
Carpe Noctum ~ Carpe Diem

User Info: Heliotrope

Heliotrope
4 years ago#33
I've caught many, MANY shinies. Far too many to name (190 to be precise). I started hunting them back in 2007.

My first shiny was a Clefairy in the Leaf Green game corner on the 14th March 2007, and my latest shiny was a shiny Tympole in Black 2, on the 15th January, that took about 58 eggs (but I did get the shiny charm in B2, so the odds of finding a shiny in that game went up).

My latest shiny with the normal 1/8192 odds was a shiny Pawniard in White 2 on the 8th January, who took 11,740 encounters to appear.

I currently have four main shiny targets that I'm hunting: a badge quest shiny in White 2 (a badge quest is where you have to capture a shiny before defeating each gym leader) currently at 8737 encounters; a shiny Thundurus in White, currently at 3600 soft resets; a shiny Solosis in Black 2, currently at 320 eggs hatched; and a badge quest shiny in Heart Gold... currently at 29,200 encounters - it's my longest ever hunt >_> (where I've bothered keeping count).
I am a Yaoi fangirl! ^_^
I'm also a shiny hunter, behold my shiny Pokemon:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFriendlyBee?feature=mhee

User Info: X_ULTIMA_X

X_ULTIMA_X
4 years ago#34
Heliotrope posted...
I've caught many, MANY shinies. Far too many to name (190 to be precise). I started hunting them back in 2007.

My first shiny was a Clefairy in the Leaf Green game corner on the 14th March 2007, and my latest shiny was a shiny Tympole in Black 2, on the 15th January, that took about 58 eggs (but I did get the shiny charm in B2, so the odds of finding a shiny in that game went up).

My latest shiny with the normal 1/8192 odds was a shiny Pawniard in White 2 on the 8th January, who took 11,740 encounters to appear.

I currently have four main shiny targets that I'm hunting: a badge quest shiny in White 2 (a badge quest is where you have to capture a shiny before defeating each gym leader) currently at 8737 encounters; a shiny Thundurus in White, currently at 3600 soft resets; a shiny Solosis in Black 2, currently at 320 eggs hatched; and a badge quest shiny in Heart Gold... currently at 29,200 encounters - it's my longest ever hunt >_> (where I've bothered keeping count).

Dude thats insane, do you do anything besides play pokemon?
Regards, Dolan
R.I.P fungivore 2012-2012

User Info: RaidenHero

RaidenHero
4 years ago#35
I manged to find a Shiny Spinda but it ran away...NOOOOOOO

User Info: MettanAtem

MettanAtem
4 years ago#36
Caught 2: Audino and Swoobat in Black2.
Saw one other: A Machop in FireRed.

User Info: lighting_deity

lighting_deity
4 years ago#37
i caught one but my game glitched when i caught it. that is why i hate gen 4.
if life gives you melons, you are probably dyslexic

User Info: Infectedglore2

Infectedglore2
4 years ago#38
Through the hundreds of hours playing the only legit shiny I saw and caught was a boldore. Got 3 cases of pokerus though

User Info: Anclation

Anclation
4 years ago#39
Only one, and that was a Magcargo..

User Info: DutchAngel9

DutchAngel9
4 years ago#40
Just 2 weeks ago, a shiny Geodude.
Gamertag: DahDutcher
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have you ever caught a shiny?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived