This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

pokemon with ATB

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. pokemon with ATB

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
4 years ago#21
SarojPollard posted...
For those who have played Final fantasy 10 or 13, or any other ATB game

Wait wait what? Final Fantasy X doesn't have an ATB system. 13 sorta does at least... but the true ATB games are FF4-9 (and Chrono Trigger).

I of course now see that the whole topic has been about this point, but it's still true.

Anyway, I find ATB overrated. I prefer CTB (which is what FF10 used), but in Pokemon I don't think either one would work all that well.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

User Info: R0cks0l1dd

R0cks0l1dd
4 years ago#22
I thought TC meant All the Bravest for a second lol. do not want
Official Everything of every board.

jayman7
4 years ago#23
R0cks0l1dd posted...
I thought TC meant All the Bravest for a second lol. do not want

Admittedly, as overrated as I find the ATB system, if "All the Bravest" is even half as bad as I've heard I want nothing to do with it. I've at least played all of the major ATB games (again, FF4-9 and Chrono Trigger, and sorta kinda arguably FF12 and 13.)

User Info: GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok
4 years ago#24
If it's just like FFX, then speed would be far and away the most important stat. A fast Pokemon vs a slow one would be able to go several turns in a row.
Alienware M17x R4 | i7-3720QM | 2GB 7970M | 16GB DDR3-1600 | 128GB Samsung PM830 mSATA SSD

jayman7
4 years ago#25
GTRagnarok posted...
If it's just like FFX, then speed would be far and away the most important stat. A fast Pokemon vs a slow one would be able to go several turns in a row.

And this is the biggest reason CTB wouldn't work in Pokemon - heck, it's one of the biggest reasons ATB wouldn't work. The vast majority of Pokemon battles are one-on-one, which is not where ATB and CTB shine.

I also have no idea how they'd work with Rotation Battles. And I like Rotation Battles.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. pokemon with ATB

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived