This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One thing I wish they'd change about the starters

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. One thing I wish they'd change about the starters

User Info: torNATEo

torNATEo
4 years ago#1
I know that ever since RBY the starters have all evolved at level 16, and then again at 36.
(Give or take a couple levels depending on the Pokemon.)

I wish they would make them evolve at higher levels, especially their first evolution. Usually they've already evolved around the time you hit the second gym. I always liked the starter's first forms, and even though I like their fully evolved forms just as much, I wish they could let us enjoy their cute first phase just a little longer. Having them evolve so soon makes the game almost seem rushed in a way.

(And yes, I'm aware I can just hit the B button, but that's not the point.)
I don't care if you hate every Pokemon Gen but the first one. Just don't get all up in my face about it and let me love all five.

User Info: HauntedBullets

HauntedBullets
4 years ago#2
Lol, mine are always evolved before I hit the first gym, I grind though. I am usually 3rd evo by the 3rd or 4th gym.
PSN: HauntedBullets

User Info: torNATEo

torNATEo
4 years ago#3
HauntedBullets posted...
Lol, mine are always evolved before I hit the first gym, I grind though. I am usually 3rd evo by the 3rd or 4th gym.

Yeah, sometimes mine are too. It all depends on what Gen I'm playing and how much I feel like grinding. lol.
I don't care if you hate every Pokemon Gen but the first one. Just don't get all up in my face about it and let me love all five.

User Info: ecylis

ecylis
4 years ago#4
No
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 4470-8076-7033
Not changing this sig until this fad dies out. Started on 8/24/12.

User Info: Arethai

Arethai
4 years ago#5
I remember my first Fire Red run I had grinded my way to a Charizard before Misty...

User Info: fox444f

fox444f
4 years ago#6
i sorta agree. but they allow u to cancel the evolutions. just hit b and u get to stick witth their first forms however long u want.

User Info: MasterAdeptAlex

MasterAdeptAlex
4 years ago#7
I remember in Soul Silver, I grinded my Todedile into a Crockonaw before seeing Mr. Pokemon. I completely demolished my rival's Chikorita it wasn't even funny.
"There is good in this world, Mr.Frodo.....and it's all worth fighting for." Samwise Gamgee in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

User Info: GATTJT

GATTJT
4 years ago#8
I think I'd be okay with starters evolving a bit later, 20 for first stage and 40 for second stage sounds alright with me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84

User Info: snuffles504

snuffles504
4 years ago#9
GATTJT posted...
I think I'd be okay with starters evolving a bit later, 20 for first stage and 40 for second stage sounds alright with me.

I'd agree with this. It isn't drastic, but makes a little bit of a difference.
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!

User Info: dezmomo

dezmomo
4 years ago#10
snuffles504 posted...
GATTJT posted...

I'd agree with this. It isn't drastic, but makes a little bit of a difference.

Nah man. Level 80 to evolve to first stage, level 120 to evolve to second stage.
I mean, why not?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63766483/713440189
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon BW (2) Boards
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. One thing I wish they'd change about the starters

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived