The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate 5th gen.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why do people hate 5th gen.

User Info: King-gamer

King-gamer
4 years ago#31
RomeoMinola posted...
Coop14 posted...
Every gen was awesome Except 4.
This is a sig. Yup.

User Info: OhHeyltsYou

OhHeyltsYou
4 years ago#32
Why do people hate Gen. 5? Because nostalgia.

Whether people wanna believe it or not. The Pokemon games get better with each installment. Gen. 5 is the best right now. Gen. 6 will be the best when that comes out.
PSN: NaturaIBorn

User Info: Dark_Link92

Dark_Link92
4 years ago#33
It's my favourite gen, and I've been playing since Red and Blue.
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!

User Info: CM_PLUNGE

CM_PLUNGE
4 years ago#34
Best gen since Johto, nothing to whine about.

User Info: pokemonfreak97

pokemonfreak97
4 years ago#35
KrisAllen posted...
"Gen V did not deliver Hoenn remakes, therefore it is an abomination!" - Hoenn Babies everywhere

If you define a "Hoenn Baby" as anyone who grew up during with R/S as their first Pokemon game, then we don't all hate Gen V or have Hoenn remakes as our first priority. I loved Gen V and am anticipating Gen VI, and my first Pokémon game was Sapphire. Sorry for breaking your stereotype

--Pokémon Freak 97
Gen VI in 2013? I'll believe that when Iris becomes Champion!
Official Pokemon #678 of the Pokemon X boards. What?

User Info: Jawbone

Jawbone
4 years ago#36
Gen 5 was wonderful, and it was a wonderful experience. But there was something that killed it for me.

Having to start over.

I was well aware of the fact that my gen 4 teams were pretty much obsolete, but when I couldn't bring over my items, that killed it. So much of my time went into battle tower and getting all of my items, and then all of a sudden, I had to do that all over again. I didn't have the time to invest in doing that anymore, so I had to drop 5th gen. On another note, I loved pretty much all of the new pokemon, but the power creep was ridiculous.
Death: It's what you get for living.

User Info: Aqua69696

Aqua69696
4 years ago#37
"It was a reboot"

Now I thought Gen V was decent, but this is a flaw if ever saw one. Screw tradition, we have enough birds, rodent/mammals, water/fire/grass starters, 8 Gyms then Elite 4. I want something new and fresh, who was ever excited about even rattata, let alone rattata 5:Rat harder.

I also personally MUCH prefer when a pokemon game contains as much pokemon from previous gens as it an in the story. I like being able to make a team of the pokemon I like to do the gyms with, not a team out of the pokemon I happen to find.
But there's still tomorrow Forget the sorrow And I can be on the Last Train Home
Watch it pass the day As it fades away No more time to care No more time Today

User Info: AuroraSonicBeam

AuroraSonicBeam
4 years ago#38
I loved Gen 5 better than Gen 3
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181

User Info: Dark_Link92

Dark_Link92
4 years ago#39
Jawbone posted...
Gen 5 was wonderful, and it was a wonderful experience. But there was something that killed it for me.

Having to start over.

I was well aware of the fact that my gen 4 teams were pretty much obsolete, but when I couldn't bring over my items, that killed it. So much of my time went into battle tower and getting all of my items, and then all of a sudden, I had to do that all over again. I didn't have the time to invest in doing that anymore, so I had to drop 5th gen. On another note, I loved pretty much all of the new pokemon, but the power creep was ridiculous.

Seems like a poor reason to drop a whole gen. Battle Subway really isn't that slow.
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!

User Info: Nomytaker

Nomytaker
4 years ago#40
"It's new. I hate Change. Everything's ugly!" Fifth Gen Haters.
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why do people hate 5th gen.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived