This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Started a Nuzlocke on my Platinum game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Started a Nuzlocke on my Platinum game

User Info: Faust_8

Faust_8
4 years ago#1
Chose Piplup because I never had before (Adamant T_T), nicknamed Pengwin. First Pokemon caught was Bidoof (SHOCKING) nicknamed Biderp. Had to cheat a little bit for my second one because I saw a Budew in the next route but it got KOed by a critical...so I walked in the grass until I saw another Budew and caught it, nicknamed Rose.

And boy am I being cautious. Slight bit of damage? RUN TO POKEMON CENTER. I am stocking a bunch of Potions but still, I can't afford to use them all the time.

Saw a Kricketot on another route, caught it and nicknamed it Jiminy. At the Oreburgh gate I was hoping to see a Geodude or Zubat, mostly Zubat because I've never used a Crobat but I know he's pretty darn good. However I saw Psyduck instead. I already had a Water type in Piplup but oh well, I caught it and named it Aflac.

I went to the route above Oreburgh to look for a sixth to catch (again expecting a Geodude) and saw Ponyta, which I'm happy with because a Fire type will be very handy. Named it Geryon after the horse-boss in Devil May Cry 3.

As I went into the Oreburgh mine I saw a Zubat! It is now "Drac", replacing Kricketot/Jiminy.

I do have one question so far though...when you first go into Oreburgh mine it was just an entrance that didn't have a transition like a new route, but obviously it was a different area because it has wild encounters like a cave. This is where I saw Zubat. When you go into the mine there's actually a notification saying it's a new area (Oreburgh Mine). I opted to just consider them both one area so I wasn't able to catch the Geodude I first saw there. What do you think?
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Started a Nuzlocke on my Platinum game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived