This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really hope Ninfia has a male counterpart.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I really hope Ninfia has a male counterpart.

User Info: Sakurafanboy

Sakurafanboy
4 years ago#11
Why can't Ninfia be normal again?

oh right, sexism.
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!

User Info: thisguy12

thisguy12
4 years ago#12
Burning_Breeze posted...
It's okay to have a different opinion :) but I just get a little impatient with the whole masculine/feminine thing. Do you have a problem with female Mr. Mime? Female Conkeldurr? Machamp? Male Mienshao? It's okay for men to be "feminine", and women to be "masculine", and your discomfort with the possibility of a feminine male pokemon just upsets me a tiny bit.

I'm not outraged, nor am I saying that you should feel bad, I just want everyone to really think about why it matters and then consider whether or not it should continue to matter.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if they did make this evolution gender specific, but I'd be happier if it wasn't.

Sorry if my topic was upsetting to you. Your comment was just a bit blunt.
It's perfectly fine for men to be "feminine" and vice versa, although gallade, who is clearly masculine, can only evolve as a male, so gender roles matter in pokemon.
I don't want you to gain the impression that I dislike Nenfia just because of its feminism, i just thought eevee gender differences would be unique. :)

User Info: Burning_Breeze

Burning_Breeze
4 years ago#13
thisguy12 posted...
Burning_Breeze posted...
It's okay to have a different opinion :) but I just get a little impatient with the whole masculine/feminine thing. Do you have a problem with female Mr. Mime? Female Conkeldurr? Machamp? Male Mienshao? It's okay for men to be "feminine", and women to be "masculine", and your discomfort with the possibility of a feminine male pokemon just upsets me a tiny bit.

I'm not outraged, nor am I saying that you should feel bad, I just want everyone to really think about why it matters and then consider whether or not it should continue to matter.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if they did make this evolution gender specific, but I'd be happier if it wasn't.

Sorry if my topic was upsetting to you. Your comment was just a bit blunt.
It's perfectly fine for men to be "feminine" and vice versa, although gallade, who is clearly masculine, can only evolve as a male, so gender roles matter in pokemon.
I don't want you to gain the impression that I dislike Nenfia just because of its feminism, i just thought eevee gender differences would be unique. :)

True enough, from a gameplay mechanics standpoint, it is unique, but I guess I'm just a little sensitive to this kind of thing.
Our divided brothers we slay
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I really hope Ninfia has a male counterpart.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived