This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to build a complete Pokedex before this comes out...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Trying to build a complete Pokedex before this comes out...

User Info: Miken Ayers

Miken Ayers
4 years ago#1
As far as transferring from GBA games is it just the starters that aren't available in the other versions?

User Info: ninjaraui

ninjaraui
4 years ago#2
I have done this and if memory serves, you are correct. Although GTS is quicker.

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
4 years ago#3
Technically, as of Black 2 and White 2, you can get every non-event Pokemon without a GBA game.

But the starters require full playthroughs of Heart Gold/Soul Silver, including all the Kanto gyms and Red, for one first-gen and one third-gen starter, meaning three complete runs of the game. Something of a hassle!
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

User Info: Miken Ayers

Miken Ayers
4 years ago#4
jayman7 posted...
Technically, as of Black 2 and White 2, you can get every non-event Pokemon without a GBA game.

But the starters require full playthroughs of Heart Gold/Soul Silver, including all the Kanto gyms and Red, for one first-gen and one third-gen starter, meaning three complete runs of the game. Something of a hassle!

I have a 3DS and DS Lite. I could in theory just keep a file in one game and trade from the other as needed.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Trying to build a complete Pokedex before this comes out...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived