This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New to series

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. New to series

User Info: leopoldshark

leopoldshark
4 years ago#1
I'm going to get a 3ds next week and I'm interested in getting into the Pokemon series. I used to watch the anime as a kid but I haven't played any of the games before. Which game is a good one to get into the series? I also have a GBA, so any GBA or DS game will do.

User Info: D_one_Dan

D_one_Dan
4 years ago#2
black and white/2 or fire red/ leaf grean
Official Dewott of the Pokemon White 2,Y,X and of the Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity Boards

User Info: P0k3m0nWaRR10R8

P0k3m0nWaRR10R8
4 years ago#3
Emerald is great, as well as BW2
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards

User Info: SuperAfroBoy

SuperAfroBoy
4 years ago#4
Go with BW2
I had a vasectomy.

User Info: LeafCutter6

LeafCutter6
4 years ago#5
I recommend Firered or Leafgreen or Black 2 or White 2 or Heartgold or Soul Silver.

User Info: Infernus93

Infernus93
4 years ago#6
Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Black/White
Black 2/White 2

One of the above. I see HG/SS as the most accessible. B/W is the most story driven. B2/W2 are great all around, and the most up to date, but they do throw a lot at you early on.
I like Monster Rancher.

User Info: JacK_1S_BK

JacK_1S_BK
4 years ago#7
Wait for Pokemon X and Y. Hopefully they wont be a disappointment like the rest.
BACK
Jack has done nothing but...acts all innocent and... he honestly thought he was being helpful...~~HylianWarrior

User Info: Thefatness16

Thefatness16
4 years ago#8
Black/White 2 are pretty good.
Note: They are currently on sale for 15$ at Bestbuy, until Monday. Pokemon games usually never go on sale.

User Info: Estheimaster

Estheimaster
4 years ago#9
Thefatness16 posted...
Black/White 2 are pretty good.
Note: They are currently on sale for 15$ at Bestbuy, until Monday. Pokemon games usually never go on sale.

Mother of...

Buy them now!!!
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.

User Info: leopoldshark

leopoldshark
4 years ago#10
Thanks. I was considering B/W and B2/W2 because the newest ones are generally the most polished. If I can find any of the GBA or early DS ones for cheap, I'll probably pick them up as well. I am somewhat of a Pokemon purist (original 151 ftw!) but I'll try to keep an open mind with all these new Pokemon. :)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. New to series

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived