This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mystery Dungeon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Mystery Dungeon

User Info: BurningFlareX

BurningFlareX
4 years ago#1
Did any Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game's ending make you sad? - Results (75 votes)
Yes, both games
38.67% (29 votes)
Yes, but only Red / Blue rescue team
5.33% (4 votes)
Yes, but only Time / Darkness / Sky
18.67% (14 votes)
Nope
18.67% (14 votes)
Didn't even play those.
18.67% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I admit, I've cried to both, because I was about 12 or something when I was playing those.
<Insert inspiring quote here.>

User Info: analyticalkeys

analyticalkeys
4 years ago#2
Never played them.. are they good?
Pokemon Black 2 Code: [ScottyJ] 2838-8164-4143

User Info: BurningFlareX

BurningFlareX
4 years ago#3
analyticalkeys posted...

I think they have the best story and music of all Pokemon games. They are quite good IMO.
I mostly like the fact that you're a Pokemon...
<Insert inspiring quote here.>

User Info: keybladesrus

keybladesrus
4 years ago#4
Objectively, I would say that Explorers had the more emotional ending, but having played Rescue Team, I saw it coming. So it didn't have as much impact as it could have for me. Both were sad, though I didn't cry.
"Let's just say they're...not okay" - Madara Uchiha

User Info: Grand_Blue

Grand_Blue
4 years ago#5
They are a little sad, but not a big deal or worth crying over. Pokemon fans overhype the endings way too much. It's just like any over game with a sad plot.
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is my favorite anime.

User Info: Decon082

Decon082
4 years ago#6
analyticalkeys posted...

They are deeper, story-line wise, but the gameplay gets repetitive pretty easily. Still, I love them, and they're fun to play again every once in a while. The story is the main selling point, which isn't what you'd expect from a Pokemon game.
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
http://www.youtube.com/Decon082/

User Info: FungusForBrains

FungusForBrains
4 years ago#7
I don't think I ever cried, but I was sad; for both. Explorers' endings were objectively better though. Surprising that a Pokemon game pulled off an actual plot, the first time.

User Info: AlI_About_The_U

AlI_About_The_U
4 years ago#8
No
http://i.imgur.com/PqS9Duf.jpg

User Info: Gardevoir47

Gardevoir47
4 years ago#9
I love me some Mystery Dungeons.

I'm wondering if the new one will be good... I haven't read that much on it, so we'll see.
Pokemon White FC: 3825 7849 1598
BTW, The Game

User Info: soMEguy_povo

soMEguy_povo
4 years ago#10
keybladesrus posted...
Objectively, I would say that Explorers had the more emotional ending, but having played Rescue Team, I saw it coming. So it didn't have as much impact as it could have for me. Both were sad, though I didn't cry.

^

I'm just not an overly emotional person in general, and while a few other moments in games or movies have made me feel a little sad, I rarely express it.

Gardevoir47 posted...
I love me some Mystery Dungeons.

I'm wondering if the new one will be good... I haven't read that much on it, so we'll see.

You really should read up on it now... on paper, the game is excellent, but it's drawing a few big criticisms from the fans. Top of the list is the removal of the hunger mechanic for all but a few challenge dungeons. The laughably small roster (somewhere in the order of 140 catchable 'mons) is also souring a lot of potential players, me included.

Looks pretty though : \
Another day successfully wasted.
"I need a new quote for this signature." - Me
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Mystery Dungeon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived