This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one that thinks Pokemon should stay the same?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Am I the only one that thinks Pokemon should stay the same?

User Info: BluePaladin25

BluePaladin25
4 years ago#11
The_Sol_Blader posted...
(P.S. If anybody knows of a series like what I'm describing and it's on a Nintendo system or PC, please comment or shoot me a message. ^_^)

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, DS

Ah yeah, nearly forgot about that. I'd heard mixed reviews about it... maybe I'll play some of it a different way before I buy it *winkwinknudgenudge*.

And one thing I realized, not really a deal breaker but still, is that I think Pokemon is the ONLY monster-collecting-whatever RPG that actually has a community, including competitive play and online trading.

Hm, I might need to start a new topic... "Would you want a new series made for older audiences, and leave Pokemon for the kids?"

User Info: Lioleia

Lioleia
4 years ago#12
The Shin Megami Tensei series as a whole has a community, but it's been overshadowed by Persona lately.
lee-oh-leh-ee-ah.
It is perfectly okay to write garbage--as long as you edit brilliantly. --Carolyn Janice Cherryh

User Info: Magmasta

Magmasta
4 years ago#13
Isn't a Cel shaded 3D model still a sprite in some ways. The pokemon will still have a different pose and move animation when you look at it in the dex probably.

Also when it stands before it attacks, you could sort of call that a back sprite in a way.

The animation only goes into full 3D it looks like when the pokemon attacks, not if it's a wild pokemon and it's just standing on the grass awaiting to be bashed, although we have only seen a few videos and probably not enough evidence to support this..
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend

User Info: wizaerd

wizaerd
4 years ago#14
The one thing I would love to see different about new Pokemon games would be a Pokemon being able to keep and remember all their moves. Equip only 4 - 6 at any given moment, but let me keep a bank of all the moves they've learned thus far, and let me swap in/out the moves I wish to equip. That one change would make it much better to me.
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

User Info: 3DiPadMini6G

3DiPadMini6G
4 years ago#15
Sprites are stupidly out of date

User Info: Luce_Imperius

Luce_Imperius
4 years ago#16
wizaerd posted...
The one thing I would love to see different about new Pokemon games would be a Pokemon being able to keep and remember all their moves. Equip only 4 - 6 at any given moment, but let me keep a bank of all the moves they've learned thus far, and let me swap in/out the moves I wish to equip. That one change would make it much better to me.

That is a bloody wonderful idea! I second it!
"If you level up a Swellow at night then give it a Dusk Stone [they didn't exist yet] then it will evolve into Ostricho." ~ The Legend of Ostricho

User Info: fayehinto

fayehinto
4 years ago#17
Unlike the rest of the human race I embrace change.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Am I the only one that thinks Pokemon should stay the same?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived