This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't like Eviolite..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I don't like Eviolite..

User Info: AuroraSonicBeam

AuroraSonicBeam
4 years ago#1
I mean I appreciate the affect it has on the metagame itself and I don't have trouble with pokemon who uses it because a simple move such as Trick renders them virtually useless(not to mention the ones who utilizes it the most are are susceptible to Taunt), and I may be a hypocrite because for the 2 people who have just recently battled me know I used arguably 2 of the best users of that item....but the fact that one item allows a pokemon to be on par with, or even outclass their evolution is the concept I don't like about it. When a pokemon evolves it is supposed to become a more powerful version or a "mature" version of its former self. Then again, we're talking about just the metagame

I don't know what do you guys think?

(Mind you this will be one of the few serious topics I will be making for a long time so ride with it b****s)
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181

User Info: Noctus3

Noctus3
4 years ago#2
I like that it gives lower evolutions a better chance. I hate feeling like I always have to evolve a poke for it to be good. Some previous designs are better than the final ones. i.e. Dewott, Porygon2 (well-known eviolite user), etc.
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.

AuroraSonicBeam
4 years ago#3
Noctus3 posted...
I like that it gives lower evolutions a better chance. I hate feeling like I always have to evolve a poke for it to be good. Some previous designs are better than the final ones. i.e. Dewott, Porygon2 (well-known eviolite user), etc.

True, I actually love Samurott's design though. I think 50% is too much at times
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB

User Info: 6bananza

6bananza
4 years ago#4
Yeah, some people think it just prevents pokemon from getting evos just because it would be op. They can just remove it in the next game!
Official Articuno of the Pokemon X and Y boards.
http://i.imgur.com/PIMfmML.png. Credit: CM_Ponch

User Info: CarbideTitan

CarbideTitan
4 years ago#5
I completely agree. I don't think any strategy should have a counter. I think Machamp should learn Fissure too, that would be fair. Bring Uber Articuno back too =D Mindreader+Sheer cold was fair to me.
Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?

User Info: Mugiloko

Mugiloko
4 years ago#6
*enjoys Aurora's serious topic*
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board

AuroraSonicBeam
4 years ago#7
CarbideTitan posted...
I completely agree. I don't think any strategy should have a counter. I think Machamp should learn Fissure too, that would be fair. Bring Uber Articuno back too =D Mindreader+Sheer cold was fair to me.

laughing.

User Info: PoKeMoNsTrOsiTY

PoKeMoNsTrOsiTY
4 years ago#8
But can we get an item opposite of Eviolite? Where it does the same to Attack and SpAttack?

User Info: CarbideTitan

CarbideTitan
4 years ago#9
PoKeMoNsTrOsiTY posted...
But can we get an item opposite of Eviolite? Where it does the same to Attack and SpAttack?

Scyther
Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?

User Info: PoKeMoNsTrOsiTY

PoKeMoNsTrOsiTY
4 years ago#10
CarbideTitan posted...
PoKeMoNsTrOsiTY posted...

Scyther

Oh God I forgot about that. Man that would break the metagame.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I don't like Eviolite..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived