This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When people are genwunners...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. When people are genwunners...

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
4 years ago#1
It means they only like red and blue, right? So how come they don't like fire red and leaf green, which are essentially the same games but with a graphics upgrade with a few gameplay changes?
The bottom line is wrong
The top line is right

User Info: jneal57

jneal57
4 years ago#2
genrunner= new<old
http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=955240

User Info: Socran

Socran
4 years ago#3
LightningAce11 posted...
It means they only like red and blue, right? So how come they don't like fire red and leaf green, which are essentially the same games but with a graphics upgrade with a few gameplay changes?

My friend claims that Abilities ruined that game. He doesn't actually hate any generation except 3, but he includes FR/LG in that generation.

I think he's just overreacting because Earthquake didn't work on Koga's Koffing. He was enjoying the game just fine until that happened.
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."

User Info: Twilight_Sonata

Twilight_Sonata
4 years ago#4
LightningAce11 posted...
It means they only like red and blue, right?

Not necessarily. A genwunner may very well like FRLG.
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
4 years ago#5
Don't they only like the game? Why not like the updated versions of the game?
The bottom line is wrong
The top line is right

User Info: KingTauros

KingTauros
4 years ago#6
Natures, Abilities, the inferior EV system, the Special split, the graphics style is less charming, etc,.

Basically it is inferior in every way, I don't even see how the two are comparable to be honest.

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
4 years ago#7
There is legitimate reason to dislike abilities. They sort of shake up the game to someone new to the newer games.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US

User Info: MettanAtem

MettanAtem
4 years ago#8
iKhanic posted...
There is legitimate reason to dislike abilities. They sort of shake up the game to someone new to the newer games.

But they add a whole new level of depth to strategy.

User Info: King-gamer

King-gamer
4 years ago#9
They just sad because TM Fissure no longer exists and can't be taught to their No Guard Machamp.
This is a sig. Yup.

User Info: pokemonfreak97

pokemonfreak97
4 years ago#10
KingTauros posted...
Natures, Abilities, the inferior EV system, the Special split, the graphics style is less charming, etc,.

Basically it is inferior in every way, I don't even see how the two are comparable to be honest.

Natures: As long as you don't use Pokémon with bad natures for them, it shouldn't affect much. Your Wartortle might just take special hits better at the expense of his already-low speed.

Abilities: Is this just "I can't blaze through Koga with my free Dig TM"? If so, you can use a Psychic type. Or is it "It's hard to PP stall Mewtwo"? They aren't bad; they just make the game a little more varied.

EVs: You just seem to be upset that they added more decisions you need to consider. Having to pick how to allocate them (and if you're playing in-game, you don't even need to, just like RBY; you'll just get an overall OK-good Pokémon instead of a great one, which isn't necessary for in-game) adds a lot of strategy, and if you're trying to make good Pokémon, it's better to have to specialize than just do the Mew glitch until you have perfect EVs.

Special split: Wait... you think the Special split was a bad thing? It may have weakened some Pokémon that were mixed powerhouses offensively or defensively, but a bad thing? I can't even see where you could be coming from on this...

Graphics style: OK, you didn't like it. Graphics are subjective, so I can't and won't argue on this.

To everyone else, I know exactly who and what he is. I'm just seeing how he responds to a full response to his complaints.
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. When people are genwunners...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived