This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So why COULDN'T they use those awesome Pokedex 3D models for these games again?!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So why COULDN'T they use those awesome Pokedex 3D models for these games again?!

User Info: Razieru

Razieru
4 years ago#1
Hey look - my first 80/80 topic! Anyway, I'm curious to know - anyone have a legitimate reason to why they couldn't use those said models? I know TROLLfreak couldn't offer a legitimate reason even if they had a brain, but what do you guys think?

I doubt there's a sensible reasoning to this, but feel free to watch and discuss.
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.

User Info: Runeboggle

Runeboggle
4 years ago#2
Because cel-shading > normal models
Si || http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUMFL0Gckkg

User Info: koopabros64

koopabros64
4 years ago#3
Are they actually different models, or were they just retextured?
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.

User Info: Rahjik

Rahjik
4 years ago#4
...Because they are already being used for the new Mystery Dungeon game, and we all know that Gamefreak doesn't like to re-use the same character images over and over, so that things are fresh.
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 2151 6268 0257

User Info: Enferolunos

Enferolunos
4 years ago#5
Runeboggle posted...

And the pokedex 3D models were bad
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you

User Info: ryudin89

ryudin89
4 years ago#6
Runeboggle posted...

This. Especially for cartoony or anime-like games. The graphics style fits pokemon perfectly.

Never thought I would see you on this board TC. Figured it would repel you like kryptonite.
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr

User Info: Razieru

Razieru
4 years ago#7
ryudin89 posted...
Never thought I would see you on this board TC. Figured it would repel you like kryptonite.

Why would it? I still like Pokemon....
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.

User Info: wingblade98

wingblade98
4 years ago#8
it's supposed to look cartoony
Evil never sleeps--
it only snoozes.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So why COULDN'T they use those awesome Pokedex 3D models for these games again?!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived