This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are any of you gender bias?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Are any of you gender bias?

User Info: Daemonscharm

Daemonscharm
4 years ago#1
I usually only stick to catching male but my competitive Chandelure is female as is a shiny Sandile and 2 shiny Sneasels.
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo273/Photo_Phreak/alkalinesig2.png
http://i.imgur.com/WvefuGH.jpg?1

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
4 years ago#2
I don't care about a Pokemon's sex unless I plan to use it for breeding. I'll use male Lopunny, female Conkeldurr, etc. without issue.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: Champion_Kyp

Champion_Kyp
4 years ago#3
Unless I have a specific nickname picked out beforehand, or there's obvious gender differences (Blue Jellicent is WAY better than pink...), I don't care.
Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it. ~~Arthur Dent, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

User Info: Gray_Areas

Gray_Areas
4 years ago#4
I usually only catch/train Pokemon that look like they fit that gender. Like I'd never catch a male Audino. Or a female Mr. Mime. If they can be either, I usually prefer male, but it isn't a requirement. And I usually don't like starters (with the exception of the Chikorita family) to be female.
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480

User Info: ColtCababa

ColtCababa
4 years ago#5
Depends. It would be kind of humiliating to use a male Gardevoir or female Machamp.
Official Shadow Crawdaunt of the Pokemon X/Y Boards and Team Miror Infinity
"Just because I want absolute power, I'm the bad guy!"

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
4 years ago#6
ATM, I'm breeding for male Hoenn starters with good natures.
The pronoun I use when referring to a Pokemon is usually "he" (unless it's Gardevoir or something). Even with most Legendaries. Might as well breed them that way.
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.

User Info: EtoRanger

EtoRanger
4 years ago#7
Unless it has to be male, I usually only use females.

User Info: Emerald_Wyvern

Emerald_Wyvern
4 years ago#8
I always try to balance my team with 3 male and 3 female. Which Pokemon are which depends on their appearance.
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock

User Info: xyzlactic

xyzlactic
4 years ago#9
Females only for me. I prefer my Pokemon to represent gurl power!
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
4 years ago#10
No. I just use whatever they happen to be. I choose my nickname based on the sex, though, usually. I usually name them human names. But I don't even mind using 'cross-gender' naming so I guess not really.

But like I had a Probopass that was female once, and I thought it was funny so I named her 'Misstache.' And I named my Nosepass in Ruby or Sapphire (whichever one I found it in first XZD) "Nosetta" (like the Rosetta Stone since it's a rock, and like Nose... and Rosetta sonds like a woman's name and it was a female. But I probably easily could have called a male that, too...)

I usually play both games and choose the male character in one and the female character in the other, too.

To me sex is not very important or meaningful. It's just a normal part of life, and in the game, a part of some minor mechanics.
http://reddragonranch.blogspot.com
The Legend of Red Dragon Ranch - KICKSTARTER now LIVE!!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Are any of you gender bias?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived